Support for Indie Authors discussion

Writers Workshop > Beta Reader/Fresh Eyes for High Fantasy

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Beatrice (last edited Oct 12, 2017 08:48AM) (new)

Beatrice Morgan | 28 comments I've got a high fantasy novel that I've had on the back burner for a while. I like it, but it doesn't have the "bang" that I feel like it needs. It's missing something. I recently revised it, changing the protagonist from a tomboy to a bit more girly, but I don't know if I like it.

I'f love to have some fresh eyes on it. It's about 65k.

The main gist is that a young woman who is training to be a warrior in her village to protect against the Shadows, creatures who live in the forest, stumbles upon a fabled druid - supposed makers of Shadows and casters of magic; turmoil and suspicious arise from their meeting, stuff happens, and whatnot.

If any one is interested, feel free to PM me or ask more questions.

I apologize if this post came off a bit depressed; I've been staring at the first page of the manuscript fro a while, wondering if I should keep the revisions or push it back onto the back burner until I'm a better writer.

Note - I'm willing to reciprocate the fresh eyes. I'm best with fantasy, but I'll take a look at anything.

message 2: by C.B. (new)

C.B. Matson | 143 comments PM sent

message 3: by John (new)

John Fedorka | 4 comments I'm new to the forum, but I'd be happy to take a look. Being new to this, I'm not sure how I would get the ms from you. What do you suggest?

message 4: by Beatrice (new)

Beatrice Morgan | 28 comments I'm better with sending a PDF or even a Mobi now that I have the power to make them out of docx. You can send me your email through a PM if you won't want everyone to be able to see it.

message 5: by John (new)

John Fedorka | 4 comments I can upload either. You know, if i could figure out how to PM you, I would. But my email address is jfed1951@gmail.com