What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Heft
This topic is about Heft
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. YA Book about Man with Binge Eating Disorder. [s]

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 4 comments Hello there! I really need help finding a book I read in high school around 2012 or 2013. It's about a lonely British man who has a binge eating disorder and a teenage boy. I believe it's YA, but maybe not. The writing style is a little strange with the author often using 'O' rather than "Oh". I can't for the life of me remember the title or author, but I would really love to read it again so if anyone knows the book I'm talking about please let me know! Thank you!

message 2: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Since it was a YA, did the story focus more on the teen son?
Anything about the cover?
Part of a series?
Anything about the cover?

message 3: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 4 comments The narrative went back and forth between the adult man and the teenage boy equally. It was a standalone book, I doubt there was a sequel or series. And maybe the cover was beige or tan, but I'm really having trouble remembering anything concrete about it.

message 4: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 4 comments @Courtney I checked all of those titles and none of them are the book. :(

message 5: by Tab (new)

Tab (tabbrown) | 4967 comments Maybe
Big Ray Big Ray by Michael Kimball

message 6: by Lobstergirl, au gratin (new)

Lobstergirl | 38282 comments Mod
Are the man and the boy related?

message 7: by Anne (new) - added it

Anne (weeble) | 13 comments Could it be Heft by Liz Moore?Heft

message 8: by Claudia (new)

Claudia | 4 comments Anne wrote: "Could it be Heft by Liz Moore?Heft"

Sorry for the insanely late response, but yes it was Heft! You guys rock!