Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Denise Baer
This topic is about Denise Baer
Indieworld News & Opportunities > Indie Authors - Additional Exposure

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Hello Indies!

I've come up with an idea that I hope will give Indie Authors more exposure.

The idea is this - to have a page on my author website or imprint (haven't decided which one or both) of samples from 'published' stories and novels. Those interested would be willing to provide a free electronic copy in exchange for an honest review. Below is the proposed page details. Please let me know if this is something you'd be interested in.

Welcome to the Sample, Read, Review Page. This page is dedicated to Independent Authors, such as myself. It's tough trying to make it in the publishing industry, let alone being an unknown Indie Author, so this is where YOU, the reader, can help.

On this page, you'll find samples of already published stories and novels. Please choose one of the below:

1) If you find a sample that interests you, please consider buying it to promote reading and boost the author's ratings.

or

2) If you're on a tight budget, you may contact the author directly (link is on the sample) for a digital copy in exchange for an honest review

NOTE: All the authors listed on this page DO NOT only expect 'positive' reviews, only 'honest' ones. Every honest review matters. That's it!

Okay, one more thing. If you enjoyed a book, please spread the word. It's the Readers' Voices we count on.

Happy Reading!

message 2: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer All right! I've changed the language and deals for the page. It will go on my author website and it will be an "Independent Sample Library" Page. It isn't a new idea, but it does give more exposure to all authors listed. The page will have links to click for fiction, short story, non-fiction, and poetry. Each author will give me a sample of their works in PDF form with a link to where a reader can buy it and their email.

Below is the page detail:

Welcome to the Independent Sample Library Page! This page is dedicated to Independent Authors, such as myself to share and promote our works.

For an unknown Indie Author, it’s difficult to get noticed, so this is where YOU, the reader can help. Here you'll find a sample library of different genres.

1) If a sample interests you, please consider buying the published works (link on sample). Then send the author your verified purchase and receive a free works by that author’s choosing (published or unpublished).
2) If on a budget, contact the author (email on sample) for a free digital copy in exchange for an honest review.

NOTE: All authors listed only request 'honest' reviews. Thanks for your support.

For Authors interested in participating, please contact denise@authordenisebaer.com

message 3: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 244 comments Sent you an e-mail

message 4: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Hey Justin, thanks much. I'm on vacation right now but will contact you as soon as I get home. Ciao!

message 5: by Faith (new)

Faith Jones (havingfaith) Hi Denise. Although I think this would be good for both the reader and the author, the problem is that Amazon KDP de-list authors for a year if they find they have put an ebook on Amazon under the exclusive plan which is in parallel available anywhere else online. Anyone joining needs to be aware of this, in case they used that service, which not everyone does.

message 6: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Thanks, Faith. I don't belong in select, so I wouldn't worry about that. As for samples, it would only be a few pages posted, not the entire ebook. I'm also making the page a beta read page. Those interested would receive full explanations and a link to tge page.

message 7: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Hey Justin, I sent you an email about the page. :D

message 8: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer I have the page up and running. Here's the link for reviews and beta reads.

message 9: by Justin (new)

Justin (justinbienvenue) | 244 comments Looks great Denise Thanks for this! I'll include you and other authors on the page for my #RecommendationWednesday hashtag on Twitter to get some exposure.

message 10: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer Justin wrote: "Looks great Denise Thanks for this! I'll include you and other authors on the page for my #RecommendationWednesday hashtag on Twitter to get some exposure."

Thanks much, Justin. Every bit of exposure helps us all. :)

message 11: by Denise (new)

Denise Baer For anyone interested, I'll be promoting self-published/indie authors this year by having them do character interviews, character eulogies, and writing prompts on my blog.

Here's the link regarding the information.

Have a great 2018!

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread