Sacramento Public Library discussion

General > What Are You Reading: October 2017

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sacramento Public Library (saclib) | 370 comments Mod
So...whatcha reading this month? Share below and help someone else find their next great read.

message 2: by Susan (last edited Oct 11, 2017 11:09AM) (new)

Susan (yetanothersusan) | 203 comments I just finished the second IQ book from Joe Ide. I really like the grittiness of his characters. Now I am starting The Leavers. I am debating putting myself on an interracial adoption diet. They get me too emotional. (Oh, and I think Turtles All The Way is on its way to me!)

message 3: by Katie (new)

Katie (katielady_librarian) | 62 comments Mod
^^ Reading Turtles All the Way Down right now. Can't wait for you to read it too!

I'm slowly making my way through Carry On on eAudio, and Warcross because I LOVE the cover (and Marie Lu) :)

Happy reading everyone!

message 4: by Brendle (last edited Oct 26, 2017 10:13AM) (new)

Brendle (akajill) | 235 comments Mod
This month I've had some mixed luck, abandoning several books that I couldn't connect with and reading a few less than memorable books. My luck seems to be turning now that October is almost over. Last weekend I had the pleasure of reading The Cutting Season by Attica Locke. I'd heard great things about her for years, but hadn't managed to read one of her books. Now that I have, I'm saying great things too and will be reading all of her books as soon as possible. Then last night I started The Dime by Kathleen Kent and I ended up reading way past my bedtime. It's a mystery/crime thriller set in Dallas with an absolutely magnetic main character, Betty Rhyzyk. I'm delighted to report that it is the first in a planned series. I also started a new audio book yesterday, The Unquiet Dead by Ausma Zehanat Khan. It's a Canadian mystery that I've seen written up so I wanted to give it a try. The narrator is a little iffy, but I'm definitely enjoying the characters and story so far.

message 5: by Susan (new)

Susan (yetanothersusan) | 203 comments Katie wrote: "^^ Reading Turtles All the Way Down right now. Can't wait for you to read it too!

I'm slowly making my way through Carry On on eAudio, and Warcross ..."

@katie I forgot to post back after finishing Turtles! Doesn't John Green do an amazing job of creating characters and filling them with life? I hadn't read the summary so didn't know the main character had OCD but he painted such a terrific portrait of what goes on in someone's head!

I am now reading Henry: A Polish Swimmer's True Story of Friendship from Auschwitz to America and learning a lot about Poland, Jews, and 20th century mid-European politics! Love books like this!