Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mama's Secret (Enid Gilchrist Mysteries #2)
This topic is about Mama's Secret
Serieses! > Please add second book to series.

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Nash (sylviaanash) | 42 comments I just realized their is a "series" list on my author page. Mama's Secret is the second book in the Enid Gilchrist series. Benjamin's Ghosts was the first book in the series. Could someone add Mama;s Secret to the series link? Please and thank you!

message 2: by Emy (last edited Oct 10, 2017 07:29AM) (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Done and editing titles to conform to Goodreads standards.

Please note that your Author front page is highly cached and changes might not show for up to 48 hours.

The series page is here: https://www.goodreads.com/series/1270...

message 3: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Nash (sylviaanash) | 42 comments Thanks. But please add one with a cover photo! A reviewer apparently added a new link instead of posting the review to the book on my page. Sorry!

message 4: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Two editions have covers (done at the same time as the series creation). One edition does not, but I cannot find that ISBN anywhere we have permission to use the covers. If you have a copy, please add it to the photos on Your page (NOT the book page) and we can take it from there.

message 5: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Nash (sylviaanash) | 42 comments I'm confused. The addition with no cover is not an "edition." There are only two editions, and I added both the print and e-book editions to my page, and I included the ISBN. Do I need to update there or is this information here sufficient?
ISBN:
PRINT 13 digit – 978-0-9977267-2-5
10 digit – 0-9977267-2-5
KINDLE 13 digit – 978-0-9977267-3-2
10 digit – 0-9977267-3-3

message 6: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Nash (sylviaanash) | 42 comments Also, nothing has changed on my Profile page about the series. ??

message 7: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5029 comments Kindle editions can ONLY have ASINs. ISBNs are either for generic ebook editions or for physical copies.

As noted above, your Author front page is highly cached and changes might not show for up to 48 hours.

message 8: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Nash (sylviaanash) | 42 comments Do you mean Kindle editions can only have ASINS on Goodreads? Because they can have ISBNs otherwise. Mine are assigned via Bowker, not KDP. I input the ISBNs to KDP. KDP does assign an ASIN. The KDP ASIN for the Kindle edition of MAMA'S SECRET is B07645NNJF.

message 9: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Nash (sylviaanash) | 42 comments Now, I'm upset. The two books I had added to my Dashboard with covers have been removed!! How did that happen? And how do I get them back?

☕ Lachgas ♿  (lachgas) | 6187 comments you do have 2 editions with covers https://www.goodreads.com/work/editio...

message 11: by Sylvia (new)

Sylvia Nash (sylviaanash) | 42 comments I wish I could go back to way it was before I posted my request. The primary visible "edition" on both my profile and my dashboard is the one a reviewer posted, and it does NOT have the cover, just the generic "book" image. This "edition" of unknown binding is not a real edition. And it still doesn't show a connection to the first book in the series, which is what I asked for and which may take longer. I don't know. I appreciate all the attempts to help, and I am not going to post again after this, but I am not happy with the end result.

message 12: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 42468 comments Mod
As the author, you have the ability to change which edition of the book is the default, which will come up in searches by title and show on your author profile. Here's how: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/3...