Chicks On Lit discussion

Hurricane Fundraiser, be a feature character in a short story

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
Just wanted to share with everyone a unique opportunity to be a "featured character" in a short story published in an anthology to raise money for the victims of the recent hurricanes that have hit the US.

The book editor that is running this effort, Felicia Sullivan, has been a friend of mine for years, so I trust her. When she started this project I decided to support her and spring the $$ to be a featured character in one of the stories. I was allowed to give a short bio for my character, and she sent the info to one of her authors, author A.J. Norris.

Tonight Felicia forwarded me a copy of my finished short story, which will be included in the published anthology, and I have never been more thrilled. The story is set in my state, with me, my husband, my daughter, and my dog all included in the story. It is a surival story with an ending of hope, which is the criteria for all the stories that will be in the book.

So anyway, since I am so thrilled with "my" story I am going to share the fundraising opportunity in case anyone else would like to do this to help hurricane victims. This is honestly the first GoFundMe fundraiser I have ever given money to, but I am very happy to have done it. Looking forward to seeing the finished book published with my great story by author A.J. Norris in it.

https://www.gofundme.com/mp3ukh-hurri...

message 2: by Sheila , Supporting Chick (new)

Sheila  | 3485 comments Mod
This is the Goodreads profile of my friend Felicia, the editor that is running this project: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/1...

Felicia A Sullivan (ftjazgal) | 1 comments THANK YOU, SHEILA! I really appreciate you sharing this. And yes, it's fantabulously awesome if someone donates at the level to get their own story, but every single bit helps. Every $5, $10, $50 donation pushes us just that much closer to our goal.

I heart you. Thank you.