Erratic Bookworms discussion

General > Introductions

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (adventgeekgirl) | 2 comments Mod
Who are you and what do you like the read?

What brought you here?

Why are you interested?

message 2: by Clémence (last edited Oct 09, 2017 04:58PM) (new)

Clémence | 1 comments Hey Sarah, thanks for inviting me !

To be perfectly honest, my problems with the book clubs I join on Goodreads is that they are very English-language oriented. Also, I can't keep buying more and more books, not only because of the cost, but because of the space they take. So I'd be more interested on thematic reads, that I can fill with my sooooo long TBR pile.

Another club I joined suggested everyone to make a TBR list (which I filled with books I already owned but didn't read yet) so someone else would pick books for you in it. However, they chose five books in it for a single month, which is too many for me, but choosing one could be interesting.

Even if you don't follow this suggestions or launches challenges I can't do, I may stick around in this group because there are some Iggles in it and I like you girls. ;)

I've got very large tastes in books, although I'm getting super tired of YA lately. Not that I think the genre is bad per se, but I've just read too many, and too many bad ones. So I'm back on adult books lately. SF, fantasy, classics...

message 3: by Vera (new)

Vera | 1 comments I'm here thanks to a lovely invitation! As for my reading habits, it's largely taken up with graphic novels these days because a) they're faster reads and b) I podcast about them so they double as homework. If I had more time I'd get back into science fiction and fantasy novels again, but it's difficult for me to free up enough time to actually finish a proper novel these days.