.. discussion

It
This topic is about It
IT by Stephen King | Week 3: Chapter 11-17 (Page 584-853)

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lex (last edited Oct 18, 2017 04:43PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Lex (likeliterallyliterary) | 194 comments Mod
**Caution: There will be spoilers below**

I'd advise coming back once you're done reading these chapters OR leaving your comments without reading anyone else's comments if you're not done reading this section to prevent any spoilers.

C H A P T E R 11:
Walking Tours, Page 584-619

C H A P T E R 12:
Three Uninvited Guests, Page 620-646

DERRY: The Third Interlude, Page 647-663

C H A P T E R 13:
The Apocalyptic Rockfight, Page 667-709

C H A P T E R 14:
The Album, Page 710-742

C H A P T E R 15:
The Smoke-Hole, Page 743-773

C H A P T E R 16:
Eddie's Bad Break, Page 774-818

C H A P T E R 17:
Another One of the Missing: The Death of Patrick Hockstetter, Page 819-853

Samantha Jayne Grubey (samanthajayne_x) I just finished chapter 11 and it's getting so much better!

message 3: by Lex (new) - rated it 2 stars

Samantha wrote: "I just finished chapter 11 and it's getting so much better!"

I'm so glad you're enjoying it more!

Samantha Jayne Grubey (samanthajayne_x) I just finished this section and I got bored again D: I really hope the end is so much better. So far I do not understand the hype surrounding this book.

message 5: by Lex (new) - rated it 2 stars

Samantha wrote: "I just finished this section and I got bored again D: I really hope the end is so much better. So far I do not understand the hype surrounding this book."

Gaaaah! Honestly, that's exactly how I felt while reading the book too but I mostly felt bored. I don't think the book was terrible but I don't think it was for me... and it's way too long! I don't understand the hype either and I all the hype surrounding this book I really thought it'd be amazing and I'd fly through the book.

P.S. are you planning on reading the November book pick? It's way shorter, a contemporary, quirky and should be funny (Just wondering, I'm enjoying our discussions)!

Samantha Jayne Grubey (samanthajayne_x) Alexa wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I just finished this section and I got bored again D: I really hope the end is so much better. So far I do not understand the hype surrounding this book."

Gaaaah! Honestly, that's..."

Yeah, I feel like you could about majority of this book leave it to about 300-500 pages and it be brilliant. I'm hoping the end if a little better because there is that lovely scene everyone seems to go loco about 😂😂 Although totally disappointed nobody mentioned the poor doggy deaths in this D: Them poor pups.

And yes I think I may join it and read it lol :)

message 7: by Lex (last edited Oct 29, 2017 04:51PM) (new) - rated it 2 stars

Samantha wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I just finished this section and I got bored again D: I really hope the end is so much better. So far I do not understand the hype surrounding this book."

Gaaaah! Ho..."

Right! I didn't need that much description of animal abuse and I had no idea those scenes would be in the book either! I'm with you... why didn't anyone mention there was animal abuse in IT?! I honestly think all the detail of animal torture was unnecessary. We didn't need all the description to understand what King was trying to get across.

Okay, great! I can't wait to read with you again :)

Samantha Jayne Grubey (samanthajayne_x) Alexa wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I just finished this section and I got bored again D: I really hope the end is so much better. So far I do not understand the hype surrounding this b..."

I was talking in a group chat with my friends and I was like "NOBODY WARNED OF THE DOGGY DEATHS AND ANIMAL ABUSE" 😂😂 "I don't care about children being murdered" 😂😂

Like that was the worse part of this book the animal abuse...

message 9: by Lex (new) - rated it 2 stars

Samantha wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Samantha wrote: "Alexa wrote: "Samantha wrote: "I just finished this section and I got bored again D: I really hope the end is so much better. So far I do not understand the hype surr..."

GAH, I KNOW! Why weren't we warned???? I feel so much worse when I read or watch animals being abused! How awful but my emotions! I need to protect all the animals 😭