THE Group for Authors! discussion

General Discussion > Using Goodreads on a Tablet/Phone

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kazz (new)

Kazz Mossman (karenjmossman) | 9 comments Hi,

I'm trying to get to grips with all aspects of Goodreads simply because it's a great site and I want to make use of it more than I have been doing.

However, most of my access is done on my phone or on my tablet.

On my tablet, I seem to have a 'normal' profile and 'author profile' and on the computer appear to be one and the same.

My biggest problem is that I can't seem to get the full site on anything but the computer, which limits the things I can do.

How can I get around this or am I looking at the wrong thing?

Thanks
Kazz

message 2: by Ken (new)

Ken (kendoyle) | 347 comments The Goodreads app (at least the iOS version) lacks many features of the website. The main one, for me, is access to the author dashboard.

message 3: by Kazz (new)

Kazz Mossman (karenjmossman) | 9 comments Yes, exactly. It’s frustrating.

message 4: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments Karen, sorry for not responding to you sooner. Unfortunately, the Goodreads apps don't have all the features that are available on the desktop site. We're adding these all the time though, so stay tuned!

We'd also be interested to hear more about the features you, as an author, would find helpful on the app?

message 5: by Kazz (new)

Kazz Mossman (karenjmossman) | 9 comments Thank you Jaclyn,

I have since heard that since Amazon acquired Goodreads, it is slowly adding new features.

Which seems to be what your saying, so that’s a positive thing.

Yes, I’d like to be able to access my author dashboard and be able to add to my blog. At the moment on my phone, I’m just a reader scrolling through books.

Eventually, hopefully this will come.

Thanks again.

message 6: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments I can definitely understand why you'd want to access those features from the app and I'll be sure to forward your feedback on to our relevant teams!

message 7: by Kazz (new)

Kazz Mossman (karenjmossman) | 9 comments Fab. Thank you.

message 8: by James (new)

James Vitarius | 29 comments I've also noticed that when I shelve a book or post a review using my iPhone, it doesn't simultaneously post to my Facebook or Twitter feeds like it does when I do the same from the website (even though I've asked the app to do so.)

message 9: by Jaclyn (new)

Jaclyn Woods (jaclyn_w) | 417 comments James, would you mind disconnecting and reconnecting your Goodreads and Facebook/Twitter profiles? Sometimes this can help with posting issues. If the problem persists, it would be great to know more information. In particular:

- A link to an update that didn't share to Twitter.
- A link to an update that didn't share to Facebook.

At the moment, it looks like you haven't selected options to auto-share updates to Twitter, and you're only set to auto-share updates to Facebook when you "Review a book". To clarify, when updating are you using the checkboxes for Facebook and/or Twitter to send this information to your social media feeds?