Aussie Readers discussion

Book Related Banter > iOS 11 and BorrowBox

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Peter (new)

Peter | 36 comments I recently upgraded my ipad to iOS 11. Since then, I often find that a book I’ve got open in BorrowBox has changed from normal view to 2 column view. Anyone else found this?

Jülie ☼♄  | 6262 comments Peter wrote: "I recently upgraded my ipad to iOS 11. Since then, I often find that a book I’ve got open in BorrowBox has changed from normal view to 2 column view. Anyone else found this?"

It's probably a bug fix that borrowbox will fix with an update Peter, a few apps have had some issues due to compatibility with ios 11 but are being sorted with app updates. Check to see if your apps have updates to download.

message 3: by Peter (new)

Peter | 36 comments Most likely, but no updates available yet. I’ve submitted the bug to the authors.

message 4: by Noelene (new)

Noelene | 364 comments Thanks for telling about this. I will hold off on doing an update for a while. I use Borrowbox a lot and would hate it to go to a 2 column view.

message 5: by Peter (new)

Peter | 36 comments It’s easily fixed by changing it back, and it only happens after I run other apps for a while, which means the app unloads from memory, and I have to open the book again. It’s a nuisance though.

It might not affect people who don’t switch between apps much, or who have more recent iPads than me with more RAM.

message 6: by Peter (new)

Peter | 36 comments It’s worse than I thought. It’s not app switching that triggers it, it happens even when I lock and unlock my iPad.

Borrowbox support say they’ve released an update to fix it, but I can’t see it in the app store yet.

message 7: by Peter (new)

Peter | 36 comments Still no update. I ended up setting it specifically to single page, rather than auto.