Comments Showing 1-46 of 46 (46 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Liza (new)

Liza (lizaburgos) Episode 6
"A. Malcolm"

message 2: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Jamie Rudely fainting on Claire

message 3: by Lyndsae (new)

Lyndsae | 1 comments Haha! I love that scene! After having been beaten, shot, stabbed, whacked on the noggin, nearly starved, etc., and toughing through everything, the site of Claire makes him faint.

message 4: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Whats up with the 2 week break??

message 5: by Nicola (new)

Nicola | 13 comments There’s some sort of sporting event in the US next week.

message 6: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Prob connected to the World series

message 7: by Mary (new)

Mary Joseph-Alvarado | 195 comments MichaelCollins wrote: "Prob connected to the World series"

Not connected to World Series which runs 10/24 to 11/01g. Rumor has it that despite The Walking Dead Season Premiere beginning at 8 cst and Outlander beginning at 7 cst Starz wanted to compete because Outlander is extended length for Episode 6 is suppose to run from 700 to 816 cst which means people need to choice meaning the first 16 minutes or record and continue to watch Outlander...the want to compete with another high rating show..

message 8: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Somehow I doubt TWD would provide much competion as that gore-fest has gone down hill but better to be safe than sorry lol

message 9: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 59 comments MichaelCollins wrote: "Jamie Rudely fainting on Claire

"

Haha! Great GIF!

message 10: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 59 comments Mary wrote: "MichaelCollins wrote: "Prob connected to the World series"

Not connected to World Series which runs 10/24 to 11/01g. Rumor has it that despite The Walking Dead Season Premiere beginning at 8 cst a..."

Wow I was wondering why the 2 week break! I will be watching Outlander in full and then going to my DVR for the first few minutes of TWD! Love both! Go Outlander, Go!

message 11: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments I love The Walking Dead AND Outlander!

message 12: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments TWD was good until it mixed up surviving the apocolypse with greedy erratic humans taking advantage of it

message 13: by Mary (new)

Mary Joseph-Alvarado | 195 comments MichaelCollins wrote: "TWD was good until it mixed up surviving the apocolypse with greedy erratic humans taking advantage of it"

We watched the first two seasons then it just started to get stupid and there are only so many times you want to watch a zombie being killed.

message 14: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments The body count going forward in Voyager was respectable,
(view spoiler)

message 15: by Cindy (new)

Cindy Ash | 14 comments You know, in my opinion, the reasoning for the delay of Outlander is stupid. Almost everyone has DVR's, so it really doesn't matter about the extended time. What I'll do is watch Outlander, and dvr TWD. After a couple of commercial breaks, I'll be all caught up on TWD. Problem solved.

message 16: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Cindy wrote: "You know, in my opinion, the reasoning for the delay of Outlander is stupid. Almost everyone has DVR's, so it really doesn't matter about the extended time. What I'll do is watch Outlander, and dvr..."

No kidding ^^ Especially over a year of droughtlander

message 17: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments anticipation - I watch Outlander on line in the early afternoon and watch TWD when it airs.

message 18: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 59 comments Cindy wrote: "You know, in my opinion, the reasoning for the delay of Outlander is stupid. Almost everyone has DVR's, so it really doesn't matter about the extended time. What I'll do is watch Outlander, and dvr..."

Yep. If my kids don't cooperate I will be watching both from my DVR. But Outlander first of course :)

message 19: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments That is me also - I would much rather watch in peace than deal with my kids while I watch. I will put off watching until I have the time and peace to do it.

message 20: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Yeah -- certainly this season requires your full attention and if I recall Voyager it doesn't slow down

message 21: by Liza (new)

Liza (lizaburgos) MichaelCollins wrote: "Jamie Rudely fainting on Claire

"
i LOVE this gif :)

message 22: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Liza wrote: "MichaelCollins wrote: "Jamie Rudely fainting on Claire

" i LOVE this gif :)"

Its not as simple as it looks -- it was a surprisingly long sequence to edit

message 23: by Liza (last edited Oct 14, 2017 07:31PM) (new)

Liza (lizaburgos) MichaelCollins wrote: "Liza wrote: "MichaelCollins wrote: "Jamie Rudely fainting on Claire

" i LOVE this gif :)"

Its not as simple as it looks -- it was a surprisingly long sequence to edit"

You did an awesome job

message 24: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Thank you very much but am fortunate to have found a source for S3 eps that are extrodinairly high quality - thats half the battle

message 25: by Dee (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 1124 comments I'm locking this thread until closer to the episode air date (Oct 22)

message 26: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Boy that was a good one -- and I forgot how much I missed seeing them together

message 27: by Beth_A (new)

Beth_A Warren | 77 comments In the book Young Ian is 14, not 16. And they sure cleaned up Mr. Willoughby. But I thought the episode followed the book very well.

message 28: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments Beth wrote: "In the book Young Ian is 14, not 16. And they sure cleaned up Mr. Willoughby. But I thought the episode followed the book very well."

Except for Jamie telling Claire about Willie. I was surprised about that but it does not bother me.

message 29: by Ann (new)

Ann | 19 comments It will be interesting to listen to the podcast to see if Ron Moore talks about why they chose to have Jamie tell Claire about Willie now.

message 30: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 48 comments This episode was very well done and dialogue matched the book, save the confession of Willie, but that was fine with me too. It did get me crying for J & C for their happiness of being together again in several different scenes. After watching the 1st time, I wanted to go right back and watch again!

message 31: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 59 comments LOVED this one! Was worth the wait! The looks Jaime was giving Claire.... I was swooning on my couch!

If anyone finds out why the difference about Willie please post. I am curious as well! I thought it was a bit early!

message 32: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 48 comments I also loved that Jamie mentioned his and Claire's lost baby, Faith, when he looked at Brianna's picture. That was different and welcomed.

message 33: by Beth_A (last edited Oct 23, 2017 05:39PM) (new)

Beth_A Warren | 77 comments I'm guessing that Jamie told Claire about Willie in reciprocation of Claire showing him pictures of Brianna. I liked the older, warmer look of the miniature of Willie better than the modern photos of Brianna, but I'm an old-fashioned gal.

message 34: by MichaelCollins (last edited Oct 23, 2017 01:55PM) (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments Ian's still my main man ...

message 35: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments I also think they cleaned up Willoughby quite a bit -- in the book he annoyed me but here he looks normal.

message 36: by Beth (new)

Beth MacCabe | 48 comments How many times can you watch the same episode and be considered 'obsessed'! It was so well done and all the important dialog was superbly delivered by Sam and Caitriona.

message 37: by MichaelCollins (new)

MichaelCollins | 818 comments The whole season was worth waiting for

message 38: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 9 comments I think Ron & Co. will say they covered Willie now because they won't have time to cover the discovery and reaction in the second half of the season. But I like the change (Jamie telling Claire about Willie right away) because him not doing so, especially after Claire/we discover what he and Fergus were whispering about, was one of the things in the books that bugged me. It always seemed like something he would have told her in the first day (or two) after they reunited.

message 39: by Maureen (new)

Maureen | 59 comments MichaelCollins wrote: "I also think they cleaned up Willoughby quite a bit -- in the book he annoyed me but here he looks normal."

He annoyed me in the book too. He was way over the top. We didn't see too much of him on Sunday so there's still a chance he will be as crazy as the book, but I'm hoping they will keep him toned down!

I'm excited for some action (different kind) next week!

message 40: by Diane (new)

Diane | 1359 comments MichaelCollins wrote: "I also think they cleaned up Willoughby quite a bit -- in the book he annoyed me but here he looks normal."
I don't remember his looks being abnormal in the book besides the fact he was Chinese and they were not used to seeing Asians. His actions and fetishes were creepy but I don't remember his looks being creepy. Master Raymond was described as looking frog or troll like so i had a visual picture of him looking creepy (which they did a great job at casting I think)

message 41: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (shooten) | 26 comments Does at know why STARZ hasn’t released the Podcast for A. Malcolm yet?

message 42: by Silverblades (new)

Silverblades | 265 comments Sonya wrote: "Does at know why STARZ hasn’t released the Podcast for A. Malcolm yet?"

They usually come out later in the week. I think last week's went up Thursday morning.

message 43: by Sonya (new)

Sonya (shooten) | 26 comments Thank you for the information. I was also wondering if anyone has noticed that Jamie is using his hand like nothing has happened to it. I assume they are not going to carry his stiff finger and poor handwriting throughout the rest of the series.

message 44: by Layali (new)

Layali (lallouch) | 52 comments How do I find these podcasts?

message 45: by Kathryn (new)

Kathryn | 9 comments Layali wrote: "How do I find these podcasts?"

https://www.starz.com/series/outlande...

And I'm ridiculously happy because Episode 6 is finally up! My recent Sunday ritual is rewatching LAST week's episode with the podcast playing (you sync it up so you're watching TV and listening via computer/iPhone/etc) before watching the new episode.

message 46: by Layali (new)

Layali (lallouch) | 52 comments Thank u.