What's the Name of That Book??? discussion

Bittersweet (Western Lovers: Reckless Renegades, #39)
This topic is about Bittersweet
SOLVED: Adult Fiction > SOLVED. Historical romance set in American west. Heroine pretending to be a boy. [s]

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Nikki-pops (nikkicolene) | 68 comments I read this book around 2 years ago but it is considerably older. The H is held up by the h pretending to be a boy, along with her surrogate father. After robbing H, h had him strip and leave him to walk naked in the heat to get to help. When they meet again be takes revenge and find out she's a girl. He decides to take her to his sister to be taken care of, but ends up having sec with her before they arrive. They later find out that the land she had claimed to own bordered bid family's, and that there was quite a bit of animosity between them. Her outlaw days come back to haunt her when someone uses her alias to rob banks and through suspicion, including the hero's, her way.

message 2: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35139 comments Mod
Nikki, what's the hero's profession?

Did the heroine rob banks or stage coaches, rustle cattle, etc.? Where do the main characters first meet?

What happened to her family?

Nikki-pops (nikkicolene) | 68 comments Kris wrote: "Nikki, what's the hero's profession?

Did the heroine rob banks or stage coaches, rustle cattle, etc.? Where do the main characters first meet?

What happened to her family?"

The hero's family owns a ranch that borders. He was going back home to take over after his father died. The heroine robbed coaches and travellers.
I think the heroine's parents were killed by Indians when she was a baby, and her surrogate father found her and raised her. I believe that she was robbing people so they could afford to go to the land that net parents had.
The first meeting between H and h was when she and her father robbed him. He irritated her, so to punish him she had him strip and keft him naked in the desert.

Nikki-pops (nikkicolene) | 68 comments I've been thinking about this book some more, and I think it had a green cover. Also, once h and H were at his sister's house the sister taught h to read and proper manners. There was an English woman who was involved with H who came to visit unannounced, wanting to start up their relationship again. At one point there was some sort of community celebration out get together and h out shot the men.

message 5: by ***$Hivi*** (new)

***$Hivi*** | 32 comments ;

message 6: by Nikki-pops (last edited Nov 07, 2017 05:05AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Nikki-pops (nikkicolene) | 68 comments I found it. Bittersweet by DeLoras Scott. Thanks everyone.

message 7: by Kris (new)

Kris | 35139 comments Mod
Great. Glad you found your book, Nicole. Thanks for the update.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Bittersweet (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

DeLoras Scott (other topics)