The Seasonal Reading Challenge discussion

GETTING TO KNOW YOU > Other Goodreads reading challenges?

Comments Showing 1-26 of 26 (26 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jennifer (new)

Jennifer | 71 comments What other goodreads reading challenges besides src are worth a look? :)

message 2: by [deleted user] (new)

Reading with Style which I believe came out of this group.

Crazy Challenge Connection has a wide variety of challenges of different lengths and durations.

message 3: by Lola (new)

Lola | 287 comments This is a good one for expanding and diversifying your reading choices:

Book Riot Read Harder

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2976 comments I joined Stress Free Reading Challenges and if you like historical fiction there is the Historical Fictionistas Group.

message 5: by Shanna_redwind (new)

Shanna_redwind | 654 comments Nothing But Reading Challenges has a very wide variety of different challenges, occasional group challenges, and an interesting Role Playing Game made up of all reading challenges
https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

message 6: by Blue (new)

Blue (topazamber) Thanks for the link.

message 7: by Dee (last edited Oct 08, 2017 04:45PM) (new)

Dee (austhokie) | 7585 comments I liked Pick-A-Shelf - Tien the mod is very creative when it comes to challenges - one of my favorites for the second year is the Bookopoly challenge (similar to monopoly but book based)

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2976 comments I am on that too.

message 9: by Trish (new)

Trish (trishhartuk) | 2495 comments The cozy mysteries group (https://www.goodreads.com/topic/list_...) runs a monthly "mini" challenge as well as a quarterly "spell-it-out" challenge, which I can usually find books to qualify for that also qualify for the SRC. They don't have to be mysteries, although being a mysteries group, there is a bias in that direction.

message 10: by Fandury (new)

Fandury | 975 comments I will recommened A Million More Pages and the sister group Game Night.

Both have individual and group challenges. AMMP has usually a overall theme for a few month, that influences all challenges and on Game night all challenges have a connection to Games, but being played with books.

message 11: by Jackie (new)

Jackie Stress Free Challenges has a lot of options and no deadlines!

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2976 comments I am in that group

message 13: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2476 comments Dee wrote: "I liked Pick-A-Shelf - Tien the mod is very creative when it comes to challenges - one of my favorites for the second year is the Bookopoly challenge (similar to monopoly but book based)"

i like this group and the Scatter shelves challenge is one of my favourites

message 14: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) I like the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge in the GR Group with the same name.

message 15: by Marie (UK) (new)

Marie (UK) (mazza1) | 2476 comments Pam wrote: "I like the Around the Year in 52 Books challenge in the GR Group with the same name."

this sounds interesting

message 16: by Bryony (new)

Bryony (bryony46) | 362 comments I’m doing the Around the Year challenge too and I definitely recommend it. The group is really friendly and a great place to discuss books with other readers, and I’ve found the prompts are just the right balance so they are challenging me to read out of my comfort zone, but are not so challenging that finding books to fit is a chore.

The 2018 list has just been finalised in the last few weeks, you should definitely check it out. :-)

message 17: by Pam (new)

Pam (bluegrasspam) I also started a new challenge, which goes from now until Dec 2018, called the Translated Literature challenge. You read 16 out of 22 given genres, all translated from a language which is not your native language. It's in the group Around the World in 80 books. This will be an interesting challenge, I think!

message 18: by cerine (new)

cerine  | 1 comments Dee wrote: "I liked Pick-A-Shelf - Tien the mod is very creative when it comes to challenges - one of my favorites for the second year is the Bookopoly challenge (similar to monopoly but book based)"

What group has the Bookopoly challenge? That sounds super fascinating.

Jayme(the ghost reader) (jaymeiltheghostreader) | 2976 comments That is the Pick a Shelf group. I am in that group.

message 20: by Book Concierge (new)

Book Concierge (tessabookconcierge) | 3668 comments Monthly Challenges

Wacky Reading Challenges

Wanderlust Challenges

Several of the other groups I'm in have monthly challenges, but that isn't necessarily the focus of the group.

message 21: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 1446 comments Dee wrote: "I liked Pick-A-Shelf - Tien the mod is very creative when it comes to challenges - one of my favorites for the second year is the Bookopoly challenge (similar to monopoly but book based)"

Aw, Dee, thanks, lovey <3

Saw this 2 months later but still... warms the cockles of my heart!

& same to you too, Marie <3

Have loved having you both in the group!

message 22: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10917 comments Mod
Does anyone have a recommendation for a mystery-focused group that does challenges? Not that I need another challenge, mind you, but.... you know..... obsessive, much?

message 23: by Tien (new)

Tien (tiensblurb) | 1446 comments Kristina Simon wrote: "Does anyone have a recommendation for a mystery-focused group that does challenges? Not that I need another challenge, mind you, but.... you know..... obsessive, much?"

I'm in this one: Aussie Lovers of Crime/Mystery/Thriller/Suspense

They have seasonal & annual challenges but usually quite do-able :)

message 25: by Sandy (last edited Jan 10, 2018 08:34AM) (new)

Sandy | 15879 comments Mod
The Mystery, Crime and Thriller group has challenges.

ETA - altho, looking at them, it looks as if these are individual challenges that members set for themselves.

message 26: by Kristina Simon (new)

Kristina Simon (kristinasimon) | 10917 comments Mod
Thanks for the suggestions Tien, Sandi, and Sandy! I'll check those out.