Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Is it possible to list my books in order of publication on my author page?

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

Afterlife is my first book, and Underworld is my second which is due for release next year, but it appears below my next "untitled" poetry collection which won't be released until late next year (its title won't be added until next year).
Is it possible to list them in order of publication, not alphabetical order? Even then, it is strange why "Untitled" appears before "Underworld".

message 2: by Scott (new)

Scott | 21309 comments They are sorted according to popularity, i.e. how many people have added them to their shelves.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Scott wrote: "They are sorted according to popularity, i.e. how many people have added them to their shelves."

Underworld has been shelved more than Untitled though?

message 4: by Emy (new)

Emy (emypt) | 5034 comments The front page ordering is not something that Librarians can help with. Readers can, however, order your book listings as they choose when using the "Books" page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/list...

For example, Title, Publication date, Popularity. This page always defaults to Popularity, which agrees with your note that Underworld is more popular (per algorithms not subjectively!).

If you wish to discuss this, I would advise going to the Author Feedback group as they may be able to offer better advice than we can here. Our remit is data not site functionality.

message 5: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you! I didn't realise you could order them differently. I will do it by title for the time being.

message 6: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Melissa wrote: "Thank you! I didn't realise you could order them differently. I will do it by title for the time being."

It will only show like that for you. Every reader can choose how the titles should be sorted, and the default is by popularity.