ARCs Anonymous discussion

Monthly ARC Motivation > Your oldest ARCs

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (last edited Oct 07, 2017 03:58AM) (new)

Evelina | AvalinahsBooks (avalinahsbooks) | 219 comments Mod
I've decided to make a topic where we talk about our current oldest ARCs. Hopefully that will help us tackle them better? Because let's face it, those are the ones we really want off the list! 😂

So my oldest ones are these:
Magic Bitter, Magic Sweet by Charlie N. Holmberg The Plague Charmer by Karen Maitland The Doctor of Broad Street a Victorian tale of murder and mystery by Katherine Tansley

I have to admit, most of these look interesting even now! In fact, if creeptober wins? I think I'm going to read Magic Bitter Magic Sweet, because it's about witches, ghosts, cakes and treats and magic!

What are your oldest ARCs?

Samantha (WLABB) (samanthawlabb) My oldest eARC is only from last year, since I have not been blogging long, but if I went into the physical ARCs my daughter has on our shelves, I have one (unread) from 2013.

Oh, I thought you have been blogging longer then me :) when did you start?

Samantha (WLABB) (samanthawlabb) Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "Oh, I thought you have been blogging longer then me :) when did you start?"
WLABB has been around since 2013, but I was just asked to join this year (since all my co-bloggers are busy with school).

Oh! That's why I must have felt this way :) well, I've only been blogging since last October, so also not that long :)

message 6: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) My oldest ARCs are from March of this year. Well, they were APPROVED in March, I do have some older ARCs that were published in years prior to this, but I was approved for those later. Anyways, these are:
Dragons of Dark (Upon Dragon's Breath, #3) by Ava Richardson Firebolt (The Dragonian, #1) by Adrienne Woods Tides of Change (The Atlantis Chronicles #1) by Susan MacIver The Fallen Kingdom (The Falconer, #3) by Elizabeth May
Two of these books are the last in their three-book series, so I need to read the second books before I can even get to the last two! UGH!

They look great :) doesn't seem like either one matches the theme of October though, huh? A shame. Maybe later we can pick something to fit epic fantasy :) they look good!

message 8: by Sheila (new)

Sheila G (foalsfictionandfiligrere) Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "They look great :) doesn't seem like either one matches the theme of October though, huh? A shame. Maybe later we can pick something to fit epic fantasy :) they look good!"

True, they don't match the theme but I'm still hoping to get them done this month! Although,,,The Fallen Kingdom may fall in as it features evil fae...

Yeah, it sounds like that would fit in 😊 if you want it on the shelf, comment in the other thread 🙃

message 10: by Melanie (new)

Melanie (mvalente89) I have four eARCs left that pubbed in 2016 and then all of the others are from this year or next. *shoves giant stack of old print ARCs aside. We just won't talk about those.*

Missing, Presumed (DS Manon, #1) by Susie Steiner A Christmas Day at the Office by Matt Dunn Hard Road (Jon Reznick, #1) by J.B. Turner All the Breaking Waves by Kerry Lonsdale

Sam - Spines in a Line (spinesinaline) | 10 comments I have to look up what the actual titles are but I’ve got one or two from 2 years ago I still have to read and review 😬😬

message 12: by Marta (new)

Marta Pascual Perez (martapasperez) | 21 comments My oldest ARC was approved 3 months ago. I am not that bad, right?

2 years! That's a win 😃 I got my 2-year old one knocked off the list several months ago 😊 Sam, maybe you should pick something out of those old ones, maybe they match the theme? 😃 if not, when we're doing next month's nomination, you should nominate a theme you can use 😃

Melanie - perhaps we'll have a Christmas theme for December or something, you could get that holiday one off the list 😊

message 14: by Adele (new)

Adele | 20 comments My oldest ARCs are A Million Times Goodnight, Wandering Wild, Déjà Vu, Radio Silence, & Soul Crossed.

I messed up when I first joined on Netgalley and actually downloaded the books instead of sending them to my kindle app. (I had an internal war with myself about the Kindle/amazon stuff, so I didn't use it for such a long time) haha

Aw man, Adele, that's a bummer! Well, you can't know things you don't know right. If it makes you feel any better, I also messed up by getting like 70 in one go xD even if they're on my kindle, it will take me a while to get through them.

message 16: by Katie (new)

Katie (katiejudgesbooks) | 8 comments Is it the oldest from being approved or when it was published? Because the oldest that I was first approved for was....18th of July and it is Retrograde by Kat Hausler. There are few more from the same month, War Beyond Words by Jay Winter, Inish Clare by Jennifer Rose McMahon, The Cardinal's Man by M.G. Sinclair, A Prophet Without Honor by Joseph Wurtenbaugh, and Oswiu: King of Kings by Edoardo Albert.
The oldest in the terms of it being published, it is Oswiu: King of Kings from 2016 and Heir of Locksley by N. B. Dixon, also from 2016.

I guess in terms of being approved, cause sometimes they approve you on books that are already published :) I think mine are all from 2016, not speaking about author copies :D

message 18: by Lauren (last edited Oct 19, 2017 12:18PM) (new)

Lauren (Northern Plunder) (northernplunder) A Blood Seduction is the first every physical ARC I got in a GR giveaway. I've read it too. I've double checked and this is from 2012.

Lauren, what about your oldest unread ARC?

message 20: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (Northern Plunder) (northernplunder) Evelina | AvalinahsBooks wrote: "Lauren, what about your oldest unread ARC?"

I'll have to get back to you on that and have a nosey around