Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Lucinda at the Window
This topic is about Lucinda at the Window
note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Adding New Books > Removing Duplicate

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Nabity (katenab) | 5 comments While creating an alternate cover edition this evening, I accidentally created it twice. Could one be removed. please?

message 2: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10980 comments Merged the duplicate.
On the remaining edition, I moved the information about the alternate cover edition to the right place. When was this cover published? The publication date of the alternate cover edition should be the date the cover was published, not the date the first edition was published.

message 3: by Katherine (new)

Katherine Nabity (katenab) | 5 comments Thank you!
I've updated the publication date.

Is there any way to migrate the ASIN info to what I'd like to be the preferred edition?

For example:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/1... is the edition that I originally published for Kindle therefore got the ASIN designation. It has the nice Kindle Unlimited button and leads to the book's actual Amazon page rather than an Amazon search result page, but it has a cover that is no longer what I consider the best.

message 4: by Renske (new)

Renske | 10980 comments An ASIN or ISBN should stay on the edition it was first listed.

message 5: by Linda (new)

Linda | 12 comments I was trying to add another edition of Phenomena: The Secret History of the U.S. Government's Investigations into Extrasensory Perception and Psychokinesis but evidently did not do it correctly. My version shows as a separate book rather than another edition. I am sorry for the extra work that I caused. Could someone correct this for me or explain to me how to do it?

Thank you.

message 6: by Philip (new)

Philip (burnnerman) | 5913 comments #5 - Looks like somebody has already taken care of this.

message 7: by Linda (new)

Linda | 12 comments Philip wrote: "#5 - Looks like somebody has already taken care of this."

Thanks, Philip.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.