Vaginal Fantasy Book Club discussion

Oct 2017: The Quick > POLL: Vote now for November's ALT pick

Comments Showing 1-10 of 10 (10 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Oct 22, 2017 09:54AM) (new)

Sean Lookielook Sandulak (seansandulak) | 918 comments Mod
GO TO POLL
Make your suggestions for November's ALT pick here to be included in the poll. The discussion for this book will be online only. Remember that the Vaginal Fantasy Book Club focuses on female-centric genre fiction, usually with romantic, historical, science fiction, fantasy, paranormal, or supernatural elements. For more information see The Vaginal Fantasy Alt Poll FAQ.

NOTE: All suggestion must have 100 ratings on Goodreads and be longer than 100 pages. One suggestion per member per month.

Also, for more great VF reads, check out The List of Lists for links to the various forum threads and listopias. One of the top unread books from the Suggested Reads for Vaginal Fantasy listopia will be automatically added to the poll each month. This month's pick is Sabriel by Garth Nix

message 2: by Alex (new)

Alex Burn for Me by Ilona Andrews!

message 3: by Laura (new)

Laura (lauraberestecki) | 163 comments INSEXTS Vol. 1: Chrysalis A romance/erotica/gothic fantasy graphic novel!

I'll be making the poll on Thursday or Friday so get you picks in now.

message 5: by Margaret (last edited Oct 18, 2017 04:01AM) (new)

Margaret Kearney (makeralfish) Stone Guardian I read this a couple of years ago for a readthaon.It was a pretty fun read, as I remember.

message 6: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 13 comments Something lighter since the holidays are coming up. Cinder (The Lunar Chronicles, #1) by Marissa Meyer.

message 7: by Sean Lookielook (last edited Oct 22, 2017 09:56AM) (new)

The poll is now open.

Notes:
1) This month's selection from the Suggested Reads listopia is Sabriel
2) INSEXTS is a graphic novel and is available as an ebook only.
3) Cinder was an alt pick from August 2014 (#32)
4) After this month, I'm calling for a two-year moratorium on any author we've already read twice. Polls by their nature are popularity contests, but that doesn't mean we should limit ourselves to bestselling authors or club favorites. An "easy pick" like Ilona Andrews will almost always swamp the poll. If you want to read all of their books, that's great, but one of the purposes of a book club is to expose its members to new material. If we keep going over the same ground, people will lose interest.

message 8: by Sonya (new)

Sonya | 13 comments Sean Lookielook wrote: "The poll is now open.

Notes:
1) This month's selection from the Suggested Reads listopia is Sabriel
2) INSEXTS is a graphic novel and is available as an ebook only.
3) Cinder was an..."

Thanks Sean. Is there a list somewhere that has all the club picks and alts?

Sonya wrote: "Is there a list somewhere that has all the club picks and alts?."

The easiest way is to go to the group's bookshelves from the sidebar on any page and then select "read". If you click on the column header "title" twice it will sort the books alphabetically.
https://www.goodreads.com/group/books...

message 10: by Alicia (new)

Alicia INSEXTS sounds so good but £13 is way too expensive for me right now!