Fantasy Buddy Reads discussion

Archive [General] > The trash talking thread

Comments Showing 1-50 of 96 (96 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Margret | 3170 comments Mod
Yes, we are doing a trash talking thread. The more medieval the better in my opinion.

Safe word: kittens

message 2: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

I’m kind of shocked to see this thread empty this morning. Then again, I get it. You’re scared. You’re thinking “Will we fail?” “Will Margret’s team destroy mine?” “Will I want to quit Scott’s team and switch sides?”

The answer is YES. Yes to it all. The unfortunate part is that there is no turning back, you cannot quit Scott’s team. I wish we could take you in on my team, knowing how things will go, but you just can’t.. I know, sad isn’t it?

message 3: by Chris (new)

Chris (murphy44) | 706 comments Actually it was quiet because I was busy hiring a group of delinquents to go to your houses/cars and ninja all of your iPods, cell phones, lap tops/desktops, and car stereos so this will be a legitimate READING challenge!! And as a bonus it would prevent you from reporting your reads...WIN/WIN!

message 4: by Ahdam (new)

Ahdam (snowlocke) | 2409 comments Yeah well I was thinking of how I was gonna do it at first I was gonna start with you mamma jokes but there overused and then I was gonna go for an old people joke just to hit a couple of nerves but that wouldn't work either

What I will say is I hope you enjoy watching trample over you peasants and watch as the dark lord destroys everything you hold dear to your miserable lives......in short BRING IT BITCHES!!!!!!

message 5: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments I feel sad for Jenna & Angela's team... so few of them compared to the rest of us... and Niki using her team-building discretion to take more than everyone else to try and make sure she wins :D

I hope Niki and her team aren't planning to just read tons of children's books like last week to get ahead: It's bedtime by Anthony Rao Baby Animals On The Farm by Rebecca Heller I Like to Help My Mommy by Catherine Kenworthy

On the other hand, Scott's team didn't seem very receptive to my reading suggestions so they don't fall behind... there used to be this scam book on Kindle Unlimited that was just 30 pages of the A key held down... it was called Book of As... but I can't find it anymore... I'm sure I could find them some similar books, tho with more time... (the point of these books was for the "author" to early easy money in the KU author payment system...)

There... I've done my part to kick of this thread :D

message 6: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Fear mongering is a sure sign of your insecurity pfff.... and rightly so!

message 7: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments This thread could probably use a reminder at the top of who is on which team... that way we know which team is dissing which...

message 8: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (last edited Oct 06, 2017 06:57AM) (new)

Scott  Hitchcock (lostinthewarrenofchaos) | 8082 comments Mod
Mayim wrote: "Fear mongering is a sure sign of your insecurity pfff.... and rightly so!"

Save your malice and wrath. Your lack of valor shines through and shall be your ruin.

message 9: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "This thread could probably use a reminder at the top of who is on which team... that way we know which team is dissing which..."

Teammate on teammate crime should be encouraged. :)

message 10: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments I will read them in a box.
I will read them with a fox.
I will read them in a house.
I will read them with a mouse.
I will read them here or there.

... Dr. Seuss books on audio, sounds like a plan. I think there are about 60 of them. I was only thinking I needed to find more YA, but this plan is better.

message 11: by Timelord Iain (last edited Oct 06, 2017 07:05AM) (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments https://www.audible.com/pd/Kids/The-C...
https://www.audible.com/pd/Kids/Green...
https://www.audible.com/pd/Kids/The-B...
https://www.audible.com/pd/Kids/Horto...

All in all a little over 4hrs of audiobook for 30 Dr. Seuss stories I think... that last one doesn't specify exactly...

message 12: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Scott wrote: "Mayim wrote: "Fear mongering is a sure sign of your insecurity pfff.... and rightly so!"

Save your malice and wrath. Your lack of valor shines through and shall be your ruin."

Scott, by being faithful to your team you have fallen so low...

message 13: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Mayim wrote: "Scott, by being faithful to your team you have fallen so low... ."

A time of dread approaches for you. You will not be able to resist.

message 14: by Mayim (new)

Mayim de Vries | 2864 comments Scott wrote: "Mayim wrote: "Scott, by being faithful to your team you have fallen so low... ."

A time of dread approaches for you. You will not be able to resist."

sooner you will see a black sun ascending :D

message 15: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 5103 comments Ok guys, don't forget we are going by page count, not number of books 😀 and that is the real way our team will slay all others!

message 16: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments But kids books have less words per page... as do comics... and dialogue-heavy books go faster than description & internal monologue books...

message 17: by Choko (new)

Choko (chokog) | 5103 comments You are right, but I actually read comics slower, because I get lost in the art...

message 18: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments That's some NEXT LEVEL trash talking there... I think Scott changed all the moderator titles to reflect HIS names for their teams... 50 Shades of Brown, PNR Pansies, and No Shot 1&2... and his "killer" Team 187...

message 19: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7591 comments Iain wrote: "That's some NEXT LEVEL trash talking there... I think Scott changed all the moderator titles to reflect HIS names for their teams... 50 Shades of Brown, PNR Pansies, and No Shot 1&2... and his "kil..."

I noticed that too! Hilarious 😂 😂

message 20: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

We will see how funny he thinks it is when we destroy him, then play a life-sized game of Operation with his bones

message 21: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Margret wrote: "We will see how funny he thinks it is when we destroy him, then play a life-sized game of Operation with his bones"

I would change your mod name to 0 for life against Scott in challenges but it's too many characters for the GR app.

message 22: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "That's some NEXT LEVEL trash talking there... I think Scott changed all the moderator titles to reflect HIS names for their teams... 50 Shades of Brown, PNR Pansies, and No Shot 1&2... and his "kil..."

Siobhan wrote: "I noticed that too! Hilarious 😂 😂 "

Thank you, thank you, you're too kind. Don't forget get to tip your waitresses and bartenders and be sure to try the veal. I'll be here all week.

message 23: by Siobhan (new)

Siobhan (poi5ongirl) | 7591 comments Scott wrote: "Iain wrote: "That's some NEXT LEVEL trash talking there... I think Scott changed all the moderator titles to reflect HIS names for their teams... 50 Shades of Brown, PNR Pansies, and No Shot 1&2......"

Haha XD
I'm loving the new titles too! Inspired.

message 24: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Seriously Margret? All the choices in the world and you settle on 50 Shades of Awesome and Team Windbag as your comeback?

Jerry Lewis is more funny than that.

message 25: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Team Gonna Win also Congressional Medal of Weak.

message 26: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

? I didn’t say either of those things. You may have truly lost your mind now

message 27: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments Scott's really competitive... even at trash talking...

message 28: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

That being said, I’d say that Team Windbag is fairly accurate for you

message 29: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2130 comments He’s just our advanced attack. Rest of the team is holding off until making you cry makes sense.

message 30: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments Another youtube response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pVT_... (I'm not crying)

message 31: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Whoever changed it to Team 1887......now that's funny.

message 32: by Olivia (new)

Olivia (vinjii) | 1055 comments I'm really bad at trash talking.... but I'm good at reading!

message 33: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Scott wrote: "Whoever changed it to Team 1887......now that's funny."

Should be team 1773. I mean I shouldn’t make fun of my elders Scott, but I would love to pick your brain on what it was like to throw all that tea into Boston Harbour

message 34: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Margret wrote: "Scott wrote: "Whoever changed it to Team 1887......now that's funny."

Should be team 1773. I mean I shouldn’t make fun of my elders Scott, but I would love to pick your brain on what it was like t..."

You assured me you were good at trash talking. This is the most disappointing thing since The Name of the Wind. You're the Kvothe of trash talking.

message 35: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

You’re at really high risk of me writing and sending you some Kvothe-Ambrose erotic fan fiction

message 36: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Now that's funny!

message 37: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

(view spoiler)

message 38: by Bill (new)

Bill | 2130 comments Um. Maybe stick to the butt nursing Margret.

message 39: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Bill wrote: "Um. Maybe stick to the butt nursing Margret."

LOL, spoken like a true member of the 187 crew.

message 40: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Yeah you’d like that Bill wouldn’t you.

Ps. It’s SO CUTE that you call yourselves the 187 crew now. It’s like you’re a gang in West Side Story

message 41: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Margret wrote: "Yeah you’d like that Bill wouldn’t you.

Ps. It’s SO CUTE that you call yourselves the 187 crew now. It’s like you’re a gang in West Side Story"

Straight outta Compton.

message 42: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments I thought it said Team Gerber for a second while scrolling

message 43: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Iain wrote: "I thought it said Team Gerber for a second while scrolling"

That would have been pretty funny.

message 44: by Ann (new)

Ann (ann_davies) | 166 comments I'm guessing that Scott's been abusing his mod powers again ...

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!

message 45: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Ann wrote: "I'm guessing that Scott's been abusing his mod powers again ...

It's all fun and games until someone gets hurt!"

One person's abuse of power is another's entitlement. :)

message 46: by Margret, Caladan Brood Face (new)

Honestly I just wait and see at random what he changes my title to, it’s a fun game. He’s just lucky that I’m on the opposite side of the continent and a lot further north!

message 47: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Ya I hadn't noticed until Margret posted but for the record menstrual eagles wasn't me.

Victor *I was in the pool!* | 41 comments Growing up I had ample opportunities to trash talk when playing with friends. My go-to jabs were, "My J is so sweet it'll give you cavities" (only appropriate when playing basketball) and "Your mama's so hairy she looks like a Chia Pet" (not appropriate if in fact the target's mom is hairy). If these didn't instill fear or uncertainty in my opponent, which they seldom did, I'd fall back on, "Oh man, you are going down!"

When I happened upon this trash talking thread, I was immediately intrigued to see how fantasy geeks connoisseurs talked trash. It didn't take long to get to dark lords, malice, wrath, black suns, and sabotage. Outstanding! I haven't laughed this much since the last time I lurked(?) here (these boards?). I am looking forward to visiting often once the competition gets under way.

FBR may be the funnest group on GR.

Kudos for the safe word😛

message 49: by Scott , Karsa Orlong (new)

Glad to have you aboard Victor. The new safe phrase it Margret's hiney.

message 50: by Timelord Iain (new)

Timelord Iain | 14944 comments Plot twist: Margret changed her own title, and everyone just assumes Scott did it (I have been, anyway)... :D

« previous 1