Amazon exiles discussion

Games > Games

Comments Showing 1-32 of 32 (32 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2933 comments Anyone for commen link & CTC?

message 2: by suzysunshine7 (last edited Oct 04, 2017 02:45PM) (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments Hiyah Gordon ;o>

I don't know if they will want too yet? - but can I also invite just a very small handful of ex-Amazon posters to come on here as well?

We used to play on the Neverending Story Thread, that was on the Kindle Forum before it got repeatedly trashed by Trolls, and so we have been playing it for over a year, in secret, on a previously inactive Amazon Forum ever since.

They may also want to continue on here if you don't mind? - and they genuinely are such lovely folk - but I wouldn't dream of offering them any links to coming on here without asking first.

message 3: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2933 comments I'm not making rules Suzy, and I deliberately made the group public (we can change that later if we're forced to). We just have to be aware that if someone flags the group for abusive posts it'll be closed down. Just make your own judgement.

message 4: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments Okay - well I've known these folk for over 3 years now and all that they just want to do is to play a harmless Word Game - so I'll give them the Link to here and then see if they decide to come over ;o>

And thank you, Gordon, for making this possible ... x x x

message 5: by theDuke (last edited Oct 04, 2017 03:13PM) (new)

theDuke | 5605 comments We can't bring all of the games over can we? I mean only a few of us do the ABC game on deals...but I'm up for whatever does transpire.

Yeah my sentiments too Gordon, just hope a lot more of the other join up too.

message 6: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments I am really worrying about our lovely ron on the Deals Forum ;o<

He relies so much on a Good Morning and Goodnight off us, doesn't he?

message 7: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5605 comments Yeah..but will he come over? And Q and all the rest? I better inform Apples of what's happening too, although I've not heard a peep out of her for some time.

message 8: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments Well, I found it was a bit bewildering at first although eventually easier than I thought when it came to joining Goodreads - so I don't know? ... fingers crossed, hey?

I'm not really liking the look of on here compared to my beloved Amazon Forums - but I'm sure I'll get used to it and the hang of it all soon ;o>

x NN x ST x SD x

message 9: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5605 comments Anything new takes a while to get used to....it's workable.

Goodnight Miss sunshine....peaceful slumbers. xxxxx

message 10: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments X ! X x x ;o>

message 11: by Collette (new)

Collette | 4208 comments If the Zon forums do close, could we have Song and Album Tag on here too please? 😬

message 12: by Gordon (last edited Oct 05, 2017 04:40AM) (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2933 comments Start whatever threads you want, Collette. I only set up three folders (general, voting threads and games) because I didn't know how likely it was that people would migrate here en masse. If it looks like everyone is moving I'll set up a few more folders so people can put threads where they think their target audience will be most likely to find them.

At the moment I have it set up to allow up to 20 folders on the home page and up to 50 threads in each. Folders will disappear from the home page if nothing's been posted in them for a year (at least, that's my understanding of the settings). I can change these settings, and I can move threads into different folders if some folders are getting too crowded.

Also, if this forum becomes busy I'll make a couple of other people moderators so everyone isn't waiting for me to change settings, delete offensive posts, etc.

message 13: by Collette (new)

Collette | 4208 comments Thanks, Gordon. Just have to fuigure out now the how to. 😀

message 14: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2933 comments By the way, folks, I've been trying to find a way to display fewer messages per screen, as it's quite hard on the eyes to scroll through 50 messages before moving on to the next page. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to work out a way of changing it.

message 15: by Gordon (last edited Oct 07, 2017 02:25AM) (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2933 comments Collette wrote: "Thanks, Gordon. Just have to fuigure out now the how to. 😀"

At the bottom of the list of threads there's a link saying "More discussions...". Click on this then select "new topic" at the top-right of the screen. Put in the title you want the thread to have, put anything you like (or nothing) in the "This topic is about" box and then select a folder from the drop-down list and type the text of your message. Let me know if you think you need a new folder, but start your thread anyway as I can move threads into new folders if necessary.

message 16: by suzysunshine7 (last edited Oct 07, 2017 02:28AM) (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments Actually that is one of the things that doesn't bother me at all, Gordon, but then again, I'm sat viewing this on the 17.3 inch screen of my Laptop and not on any small hand held Device.

Interestingly, I don't seem to have separate pages to move onto either? I just keep scrolling and it becomes one long endless page which again doesn't bother me at all - in fact, it makes it easier to keep on reading ;o>

message 17: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2933 comments suzysunshine7 wrote: "Interestingly, I don't seem to have separate pages to move onto either? I just keep scrolling and it becomes one long endless page which again doesn't bother me at all - in fact, it makes it easier to keep on reading ;o>"

If you go to the NeverEnding Story thread you should see it's moved on to a second page. Let me know if it hasn't, because that would suggest there is a way to change the setting.

message 18: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments Ahhh? - got it and it has moved into pages now - and strangely when I came on I saw a Notification that both Grizzlygrump and Val had posted but I only saw Grizzlygrump's post on the Game? I seem to have a slight time delay going on that doesn't always show up until after I post even though I keep on using page refreshes - but I think that is more down to me, and to my Laptop also running very slowly at the moment and also having it's usual mini crash now and again.

message 19: by Collette (new)

Collette | 4208 comments Gordon wrote: "Collette wrote: "Thanks, Gordon. Just have to fuigure out now the how to. 😀"

At the bottom of the list of threads there's a link saying "More discussions...". Click on this then select "new topic"..."

Cheers. I'll do it once Amazon locks the others.

message 20: by nocheese (last edited Oct 10, 2017 11:44PM) (new)

nocheese | 6027 comments Gordon wrote: "Anyone for commen link & CTC?"

Yes please Gordon, can't imagine lifewithout these mind-bending beauties.

message 21: by SussexWelsh (new)

SussexWelsh | 4852 comments nocheese wrote: "Gordon wrote: "Anyone for commen link & CTC?"

Yes please Gordon, can't imagine lifewithout these mind-bending beauties."

I couldn't agree more :-)

message 22: by TwoddleBungler (last edited Dec 27, 2017 06:37AM) (new)

TwoddleBungler | 186 comments Hi Gordon. I started a new Game thread and the system accepted it. However it hasn't appeared.
The game is called,

"Mrs Malaprop's multifarious mix-ups"

Do you have any thoughts about what might have happened to it? Do you, as moderator, have to approve it first?
Thanks

message 23: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments Anyone is allowed to set up any Threads and Gordon just helps to move them around if they would seem to be better suited to being in a different part of the overall Forum.

Perhaps it was a glitch in the system that has prevented it from registering, even though it was seemingly accepted? I would try it again and see if it manages to set itself up next time around? ;o>

message 24: by TwoddleBungler (new)

TwoddleBungler | 186 comments Okay, thanks Suzy. I'll try again.

message 25: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments TwoddleBungler wrote: "Okay, thanks Suzy. I'll try again."

Did you have to complete a Captcha thingy, like Duke always complains about?

message 26: by TwoddleBungler (new)

TwoddleBungler | 186 comments Yes. I had to jump through hoops before it would accept me as human.

message 27: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2933 comments TwoddleBungler wrote: "Hi Gordon. I started a new Game thread and the system accepted it. However it hasn't appeared."

I can't find it, TB. Can you remember which folder you put it in?

If you're still having trouble I'll set up the thread for you.

message 28: by TwoddleBungler (new)

TwoddleBungler | 186 comments It should have been under 'Games'.

I'll have another try and if I get completely stuck I'll come back to you

Thanks

message 29: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments I'm still not seeing your Thread show up yet, TB?

Have you tried it out again? - or is it something that you would like for someone else to have a go at trying to set up for you? ;o>

message 30: by TwoddleBungler (new)

TwoddleBungler | 186 comments I'm away from home at the moment Suzy and haven't tried yet. I'll have another go when I get back.

message 31: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14505 comments No problem ;o>

I just didn't want you to lose heart over it and then let the idea go because the Goodreads System was not working properly for you.

Happy New Year! ... x x x

message 32: by TwoddleBungler (new)

TwoddleBungler | 4920 comments I seem to have overcome the problem but I'm still not sure of the precise reason.

1. I set up an account as TwoddleBungler and signed in using my Amazon login. When I try to start a new topic that way, I have all sorts of Captcha problems and although I can comment on other people's threads, I can't create my own.

2. I set up another account (also called TwoddleBungler!) without going via Amazon. This time there was no problem creating a new thread.