Amazon exiles discussion

Amazon exiles

Comments Showing 1-50 of 1,755 (1755 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 35 36

message 1: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments I've just set this up as an experiment to see whether this would be a good home.

message 2: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Gordon wrote: "I've just set this up as an experiment to see whether this would be a good home."

I may be wrong, but I don't see this thread prospering.

message 3: by SussexWelsh (new)

SussexWelsh | 5522 comments Hi Gordon, here we all are then. Thought I'd better sign up ...... just in case.

message 4: by Brass Neck (new)

Brass Neck | 3816 comments Hi all.

message 5: by Tech XXIII (new)

Tech XXIII  | 6705 comments you know me, i'm nosey!

message 6: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments Greetings

message 7: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Now let's wait & see what happens with Amazon. At least we know we have a bolt-hole if needed.

When's Collette showing up with the munchy box then?

message 8: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments And they say scots are tight

message 9: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Serial wrote: "And they say scots are tight"

I've got some left-over noodles and one bottle of beer. Can anyone work a miracle with that?

message 10: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Ahoy! Got the beer with me...who brought the munchies then?!

message 11: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments Gordon wrote: "Serial wrote: "And they say scots are tight"

I've got some left-over noodles and one bottle of beer. Can anyone work a miracle with that?"

You need to attract someone from the religion forum

message 12: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Just posting this...to get rid of the Group rules pop up thingy!

message 13: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments What do you think Gordon, put all types of discussions here, politics/religion/music etc etc? Might be good in one place?

message 14: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Serial wrote: "What do you think Gordon, put all types of discussions here, politics/religion/music etc etc? Might be good in one place?"

I think it's possible, SST. I'd just need to change some group settings. Not sure I want anything to do with many of the inhabitants of the religion or politics forums, mind. If someone flags the group for abusive posts it'll get closed.

Let's wait & see what happens with Amazon, then we can decide what we want to do here.

message 15: by Tech XXIII (new)

Tech XXIII  | 6705 comments i like it fine...........so far.

message 16: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Tech wrote: "i like it fine...........so far."

No mention of cheesy puffs, Vimto or Benny Hill yet. Give it time.

message 17: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14594 comments The Lus !

HA HA HA!!! ;o>

message 18: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments Good point, where is MOT? Maybe we should set up his threads for him, get em all ready.

message 19: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Suzy, I moved your new thread to the Games folder just to make sure this is the first thread new arrivals see for the time being. Can you still see it?

message 20: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14594 comments Thank you, Gordon, bear with me while I look as I'm finding this Forum layout a bit of a challenge at the moment - LOL! ;o>

message 21: by suzysunshine7 (last edited Dec 31, 2018 09:57AM) (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14594 comments Gordon wrote: "Suzy, I moved your new thread to the Games folder just to make sure this is the first thread new arrivals see for the time being. Can you still see it?"

Yep! - it's there! - and thank you, Gordon ... x x x

message 22: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Yeah me too...dunno how to find Gordon's links..without having to backspace to a previous page!

message 23: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Duke wrote: "Yeah me too...dunno how to find Gordon's links..without having to backspace to a previous page!"

Where it says "Amazon exiles discussion" at the top, just click on "Amazon exiles" and it should take you to the list of discussions.

message 24: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments Duke wrote: "Yeah me too...dunno how to find Gordon's links..without having to backspace to a previous page!"

Ease yourself in slowly, D.

message 25: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Ah yes...I've found it! Cheers.

Yep, this could work...just need a few more to come over.

message 26: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Serial wrote: "Duke wrote: "Yeah me too...dunno how to find Gordon's links..without having to backspace to a previous page!"

Ease yourself in slowly, D."

I had to read twice SST...I thought you said EAT yourself!!

message 27: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments Duke wrote: "Serial wrote: "Duke wrote: "Yeah me too...dunno how to find Gordon's links..without having to backspace to a previous page!"

Ease yourself in slowly, D."

I had to read twice SST...I thought you s..."

LOL!

message 28: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Bladdy eyesight! The sooner I get me cataracts done the better! :-)

message 29: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments Hi folks, from one very upset exile. 😢

message 30: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Les wrote: "Hi folks, from one very upset exile. 😢"

It might not happen.

message 31: by Val (new)

Val H. | 15574 comments Hi fellow castaways! I just drifted up on one of the southern beaches. Hopefully we can all gather together democratically and have some interesting discussions. Anyone watching the sitcom "Wrecked"? - I think it's from the same stable as "Flight Of The Conchords".

message 32: by Collette (new)

Collette | 4480 comments Couldn't find my verification email. Doh!! 😳

Morning guys. I come bearing gifts. I ate most of the chicken pakora though and the rest needs heated up. 🤗

message 33: by Derek (new)

Derek W | 1208 comments Good Morning from Fowey

message 34: by Serial (new)

Serial Sock Trumpet (serialsocktrumpet) | 1908 comments Collette wrote: "Couldn't find my verification email. Doh!! 😳

Morning guys. I come bearing gifts. I ate most of the chicken pakora though and the rest needs heated up. 🤗"

That'll do me nicely.

message 35: by David (new)

David Endersby (davidendersby) | 432 comments Morning all from sunny Surrey

message 36: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Sunny in Shropshire & Staffordshire this morning, too. Makes a change.

message 37: by Gordon (new)

Gordon (skiiltan) | 2940 comments Derek wrote: "Good Morning from Fowey"

Hi Derek. I hope everyone's having a good time, especially after the nightmare journey Lez had to get there.

message 38: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments Hi everyone. Almost worth the journey to get £150 refund!
Enjoying some good weather. We rather ignominiously came 4th ( not even a teapot) in the quiz, the picture questions did for us ;-(

message 39: by Lez (new)

Lez | 7490 comments I have email contact with 4 of the American Classical posters (one a Scot who posts on UK classical too) is it OK to tell them about this site as well? They probably won't be interested as there aren't enough to form a new group but I'd like them to know we're here.

message 40: by SussexWelsh (new)

SussexWelsh | 5522 comments Torrential rain in Hampshire earlier on but quite sunny now

message 41: by suzysunshine7 (last edited Oct 05, 2017 03:11AM) (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14594 comments Blue skies and glorious Autumn sunshine here in Stockport right now after a long night of whistling winds and persistent rain.

I think what I am struggling with on here is that I really miss the clear, empty, and uncluttered pages I am so much more used to seeing on my lovely large screen Laptop? And it is yet another big reason right now for me to feel so extremely peed off with Amazon!

The closest that I can get to describing it is - that this layout feels to me far more like trying to find a space on what is already quite a full wall of graffiti to be able to leave my mark and then hope that it gets seen? Whereas Amazon's layout felt like it was such a massive endless and almost empty Playground to be able to just go for it, to race around on and feel 'free'?

I don't like feeling 'confined' by these much smaller post boxes and seeing so many far more distracting and busy-looking pages, I guess? - but I'm sure I'll get over and used to it eventually ;o>

message 42: by Sera69 (last edited Oct 05, 2017 03:46AM) (new)

Sera69 | 1564 comments Clicking 'Discussion Board' from the main page, or 'Discussions' from the side, it gives a much cleaner look. It's still squashed, mind :(

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/list_...

message 43: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14594 comments It takes some adjusting to, doesn't it? We were very spoilt by Amazon's clutter and also mainly sponsor and advert free layout ;o>

message 44: by Derek (new)

Derek W | 1208 comments Gordon wrote: "Derek wrote: "Good Morning from Fowey"

Hi Derek. I hope everyone's having a good time, especially after the nightmare journey Lez had to get there."

Gordon - yes we are, even the weather has been pretty good and Rig the doberman has been having a fine time charging around the local beach on our daily visit:-)

message 45: by Anita (new)

Anita Bailey | 3077 comments Hi .ive found you .Susy did you bring cake?

message 46: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14594 comments Hi Anita! ... x x x ... it's great to see you on here!

Need you ask? - I always bring Cake! ;o>

message 47: by Anita (new)

Anita Bailey | 3077 comments 🍰🍰🍰we went to a party today for a three year old so I have paw patrol cake...I'll share 😁

message 48: by suzysunshine7 (new)

suzysunshine7 | 14594 comments Oooh? - that's a new one on me?! - thank you very much ;o>

message 49: by theDuke (last edited Oct 05, 2017 01:27PM) (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Collette wrote: "Couldn't find my verification email. Doh!! 😳

Morning guys. I come bearing gifts. I ate most of the chicken pakora though and the rest needs heated up. 🤗"

Yeah...same here Collette...took me awhile to realise that Gmail has several folders. I didn't noticed that I had a 'social' folder! I requested the verification email 5 times, before I found where it being sent to! D'oh!

Any Poppadoms left, Collette?

message 50: by theDuke (new)

theDuke | 5762 comments Anita wrote: "🍰🍰🍰we went to a party today for a three year old so I have paw patrol cake...I'll share 😁"

Had to read THAT twice too.....I thought you said raw petrol cake! Oh my bladdy eyes!

« previous 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 35 36