#SAReads discussion

Hello!

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Tava | tavalava (tavalava) | 3 comments Wow! This group hasn't been active for 3 years!! What's everyone been reading?

message 2: by Cullen (new)

Cullen Rude (cullenrude) | 1 comments Hello! I just finished Coates’s Between the World and Me. Not SA specific but within the larger realm of social awareness. Going to move into some fiction next, specifically Nnedi Okorafor. What are you currently delving into?

message 3: by Anne (new)

Anne (notanniebutanne) | 1 comments Started Rising Strong by Brene Brown last night. My pile of books to read is getting out of control so I appreciate you all prompting me to get going again!

Tava | tavalava (tavalava) | 3 comments Nice! I'm planning to read Between the World and Me next. I just finished A Thousand Splendid Suns and am starting 11/22/63.

message 5: by Eric (new)

Eric (fehreric) | 1 comments Just finished reading The Myth of Equality by Ken Wytsma. Really, really great read!

Reading Remarkable Leadership now.

Tava | tavalava (tavalava) | 3 comments Did anyone have any reading goals for the year? Or are y'all thinking of your reading goals for next year?

message 7: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Dillon | 2 comments Cullen wrote: "Hello! I just finished Coates’s Between the World and Me. Not SA specific but within the larger realm of social awareness. Going to move into some fiction next, specifically Nnedi Okorafor. What ar..."

I have heard great things about that work and have been wanting to read it for a long time now. You just inspired me to have that as my next read. While I have been reading The Dumbest Generation by Mark Bauerlein and I have enjoyed parts of it, I have gotten bored with the bashing of online education. Are there any other works specifically dealing with #SAReads themes that you particularly liked or stood out to you?

message 8: by Kyle (new)

Kyle Dillon | 2 comments I have been reading The Dumbest Generation by Mark Bauerlein kind of a piece at a time for the past while. Does anyone know any works that might be for online/technological learning?