Support for Indie Authors discussion

Archived Author Help > How do you show support for fellow authors at book events?

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Eley | 14 comments I am a first-time author of less than a year. I've done two book events and at both, I've been asked to swap books. As much as I'd love to support the other authors, I wanted to know if there was another way that I could lend my support.

I'm doing my third book event soon, and one of the authors tweeted about it; he encouraged folks to come out and support this event. He also included (tagged) in the tweet the other authors who are participating. When I visited the link, he was kind enough to list each of the authors (6 total), along with a link to the title of their books, on his blog.

I think I will follow his example and do something similar. What do you do to support other authors at book events? Thanks!

message 2: by Dwayne, Head of Lettuce (new)

Dwayne Fry | 4284 comments Mod
I buy Indie books, I read them, I review them, I recommend the ones I like to others.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

Thank you Dwayne for doing that. Lisa, you are lucky that the author blogged about the event with names and titles. That was really great of him.

message 4: by Gisela (new)

Gisela Hausmann | 47 comments Here is one thing I do:

If I see a FB or Twitter posting of a book I reviewed, I post or share and add thee word "Great book, read and reviewed + link to my Amazon review."

I do other things too, but I think that the above may be very helpful because it's not the author tooting their own book but a reviewer sharing her review. People who see my posting can form their own opinion, hence it's not pushy.

message 5: by Jane (new)

Jane Jago | 888 comments I Blog. Review. Do Facebook stuff. Buy. Recommend. Make up stupid limericks....

message 6: by Amy (new)

Amy Marie (amymarie_author) | 19 comments I actually hold an author's showcase during my Facebook events giving my author friends a chance to reach some new people. I'm basically a fantasy writer so I encourage similar genre authors to join in on the author's showcase, but anyone is welcome. I only ask that they make just one post and explain their genre so potential readers at the event can know what they're looking for.

message 7: by Angel (last edited Oct 05, 2017 08:27AM) (new)

Angel | 216 comments I like, tweet, share, interview, blog, recommend their books readers, read and review, use my social media platforms to promote them and I also let them know of any promo events or sites I have tried or may find that could help them with marketing and promotion. If they have an event or in their writing and need my support as far as a like, tweet, or share or encouraging words, tips or advice are all the above. I give all of this freely.

message 8: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Eley | 14 comments I appreciate your answers and will make note of all that you've shared. Thanks for your input!