Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Slugfest: Inside the Epic, 50-year Battle between Marvel and DC
This topic is about Slugfest
Page Numbering Requests > Please correct page count for Slugfest: Inside the Epic, 50-year Battle between Marvel and DC

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Chuck White | 210 comments Hi,

Please correct page count for Slugfest: Inside the Epic, 50-year Battle between Marvel and DC to 286 pages. The page count ends with the last page of the book (the last page of the index).

ISBN: 9780306825460

I have this book and Worldcat agrees.

Thank you.

message 2: by J. Darien (new) - added it

J. Darien (volus) | 56 comments Done

Chuck White | 210 comments Thanks, J. Darien.

I may have to amend my request.

I have just started the book today, after posting my request, and there are 12 pages of Prologue and Introduction. They are marked as Pages vii through xviii, with Pages i through vi being the title page, dedication page, table of contents, etc.

I am not sure how GoodReads handles the numbering of these pages, when done like this. I will leave it to your good judgement and follow that guideline in future submissions.

Thanks again.

message 4: by J. Darien (new) - added it

J. Darien (volus) | 56 comments Per the librarian manual:
"Introductory material paged using roman numerals is not included in the total page count."

"Page numbers should match the page numbers as listed in the book. If a book begins on page 6, for example, do not subtract from the final page count to determine the “actual” number of pages - simply list the number on the last page with countable content."

So, 286 appears to be the correct number.

Chuck White | 210 comments I knew I could count on you. ;)

That's the way this book is laid out, so totally agreement, 286 pages is correct.

I will keep that in mind for future requests, and as always, I appreciate the efforts of our GoodReads Librarians.

Thanks, J. Darien.