Wordsmyth 101 discussion

Check in

Comments Showing 1-31 of 31 (31 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Williamson (suteko) | 1 comments How about our friends all check in

message 2: by T. (new)

T. (tjacksonking) | 36 comments Mod
Lisa sure sounds good. HOpe this comment posts in a way that others can comment. Let's see if a real chat thread can happen here. Tom.

message 3: by Linell (new)

Linell Rae Jeppsen | 4 comments Hi there! Thanks for letting me join! 😁

message 4: by T. (new)

Linell very good to see you and Sam and Will and Lalo and Lisa and the other folks. Sure wish there was a way to 'make' each comment show up as an email in my inbox. Does anyone know if that can be done to this Goodreads thing? Tom.

message 5: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments Hi all! I made it to our new ship!

Hugs

Kellie

message 6: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments T. wrote: "Linell very good to see you and Sam and Will and Lalo and Lisa and the other folks. Sure wish there was a way to 'make' each comment show up as an email in my inbox. Does anyone know if that can be..."

Tom,

When I joined this group I got this box:

Do you want to join the group Wordsmyth 101?

group discussion email settings
Digest - Get all comments on group discussions bundled in a daily or weekly email (the frequency is configured on your 'account settings' page).
Individual Email - Get an email instantly when someone starts a new topic in this group, and whenever someone replies. You will not get a second notification email about a topic until you've visited the discussion. Warning: for larger groups, this could get a little bit out of control!
Notification only - Don't get any emails, just get notifications on your homepage of new discussion comments in this group.
None - Do not get any notifications about group discussions. You can change this later on the 'my account' page.

If you didn’t you can go to account settings then emails and on that page you can set up getting notifications from this thread when someone posts.

Hugs

Kellie

message 7: by Linell (new)

Linell Rae Jeppsen | 4 comments The whole thing seemed pretty sudden!

message 8: by T. (new)

Kellie thanks for the info on how to get emails with people's comments here. I think I did what was needed! Tom.

message 9: by Sam (new)

Sam Kates Checking in, guys. Hi!

Don't know if I'll make it here much, but I'll try to be more regular than I was on the Amazon forums.

I tend to visit Goodreads fairly regularly as I sometimes post blogs from my website on here as well. By the way, I've given a shout out to a few authors from our group in some of my blog posts. I'll continue to do when relevant to what the post is about.

message 10: by Linell (new)

Linell Rae Jeppsen | 4 comments I think that I'm receiving the notifications all right.

message 11: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments T. wrote: "Kellie thanks for the info on how to get emails with people's comments here. I think I did what was needed! Tom."

No problem Tom! You’re welcome!

Hugs

Kellie

message 12: by T. (new)

Kellie well I did not get emails about the new posts from you, Linell and Sam. Nor the discussion posts by other folks. Pits. I did select the Notify me when people reply option for both comment threads. I'll check to be sure Goodreads has my correct email addy. Weird. Tom.

message 13: by Sam (new)

Sam Kates T. wrote: "Kellie well I did not get emails about the new posts from you, Linell and Sam. Nor the discussion posts by other folks. Pits. I did select the Notify me when people reply option for both comment th..."

Tom - I think you only get notified the once, no matter how many discussions you're following. It's aimed at not cluttering up people's inboxes if a thread gets a lot of posts.

message 14: by T. (new)

Hi Sam. Yes! I finally got your comment via email. I had to go into my hotmail filter and add in the Goodreads email addy. Now that I've done that I got your email. Should get everyone else's comments now. Thanks! Tom.

message 15: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments T. wrote: "Kellie well I did not get emails about the new posts from you, Linell and Sam. Nor the discussion posts by other folks. Pits. I did select the Notify me when people reply option for both comment th..."

Tom,

Maybe you didn’t choose the right notification? Here is what you should have seen when you click on notification:

Follow This Discussion
Get updates when people comment.

Digest - Get new comments bundled in a daily or weekly email (the frequency is configured on the 'account settings' page).
Individual Email - Get an email instantly when someone comments. You will not get a second notification email until you've visited the discussion again.
Email All - Get an email instantly when someone comments. You will continue to get emails on this thread even after you've visited the discussion.
Notification Only - No emails. Get a notification on your homepage on when people reply.
None - Do not get notified when people reply.

I have mine set for individual email. Maybe you clicked notification only?

Hugs

Kellie

message 16: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments T. wrote: "Hi Sam. Yes! I finally got your comment via email. I had to go into my hotmail filter and add in the Goodreads email addy. Now that I've done that I got your email. Should get everyone else's comme..."

That’s cool Tom!

Hugs

Kellie

message 17: by T. (new)

Kellie, yeah, it was just a simple thing to add Goodreads to my Okay filter on Hotmail. Part of what I like about Hotmail is the ability to 'block' commercial emails for junk and then add in OK emails from friends and sites I like. Thanks for figuring out the Goodreads 'email notification' scene for me. I updated both CheckIn and Comments to make me get emails frequently and immediately. Thanks! Tom.

message 18: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments You’re welcome Tom! Glad I could help.

Hugs

Kellie

message 19: by Shay (new)

Shay VanZwoll (evanzwoll) | 2 comments *sneaks in*

message 20: by L. M. (new)

L. M. Beyer | 3 comments Thank you, Tom, for letting me know where everyone went. Glad to see the Wordsmyth has a new home. :)

message 21: by T. (new)

Shay and Louise welcome to our new Wordsmyth chat thread! Glad to see you here. Hope we can continue to share and enjoy as we used to on the Meet Our Authors forum. Tom.

message 22: by Ch'kara (new)

Ch'kara SilverWolf (chkara) | 14 comments Tom, I got this message in my inbox, or I should say I have a Goodreads box. Glad to see everyone is coming here. The Wordsmyth FB is open as well. I just posted that we went to see Blade Runner yesterday. What a disappointment. It was soooo slow. They could have made it in half the time. The first one was so awesome, oh well, they will probaly make pots of money because people were so impressed with the first one.

message 23: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments Shay wrote: "*sneaks in*"

Hi Shay! Glad to see you made it to our new digs.

Hugs

Kellie

message 24: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments Ch'kara wrote: "Tom, I got this message in my inbox, or I should say I have a Goodreads box. Glad to see everyone is coming here. The Wordsmyth FB is open as well. I just posted that we went to see Blade Runner ye..."

Sorry you didn’t enjoy your movie Ch’kara! That sucks.

Hugs

Kellie

message 25: by Linell (new)

Linell Rae Jeppsen | 4 comments Happy day to everyone! Its a gorgeous fall day here, bright blue skies, gold and red leaves skittering along the ground. About 20 degrees in the early morning, though. brrrr!
😃🍁🍁🍁

message 26: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments Hi Nel, 20 degrees? Brrrrr.....it is humid and very warm here.

Hugs

Kellie

message 27: by T. (new)

Chkara thanks for the review of the new Blade Runner movie. The review I read online sounded like the story took a long time to develop with Ford present only for the last 40 minutes. Too bad. Thanks for sharing! Tom.

message 28: by L'Poni (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 9 comments I finally found you guys! I thought everyone would be in the old Wordsmyth group. It’s sad that amazon closed their forums but at least we all get to connect outside of it!

By the way, it’s me Ciel!!

message 29: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments Hi Ciel! It’s good to see you.

Hugs

Kellie

message 30: by L'Poni (new)

L'Poni (lponi) | 9 comments Kellie wrote: "Hi Ciel! It’s good to see you.

Hugs

Kellie"

Hiiiiii Kellie! It’s nice to see you too! *huuuuugs*

message 31: by Kellie (new)

Kellie | 79 comments L'Poni wrote: "Kellie wrote: "Hi Ciel! It’s good to see you.

Hugs

Kellie"

Hiiiiii Kellie! It’s nice to see you too! *huuuuugs*"

Hugs!!!! 😃

Hugs

Kellie