Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie discussion

Where Can I Promote My Book? > BookGobbler- A site connecting authors and reviewers. For free!

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments Hi guys, an author taking part in my Indie Advent Calendar event has set up a site called BookGobbler. The way it works is that you set up a giveaway on their site, this can be for paperbacks but you can choose to give eBooks only. The eBooks are only given to people who fill in a contact form and pledge to review the book, they aren't allowed to sign up for more if they don't come through with the reviews.
I've just signed Heirs of Power up so I'll let you know how it goes. It is completely free right now though, so there's no harm in trying it out for yourself!
http://www.bookgobbler.com/

message 2: by P.D.R. (new)

P.D.R. Lindsay (pdrlindsay) | 84 comments Thank you for this info. I'd love some reviews of my new novel so will try them and report back too.

message 3: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1695 comments I sent them my two novels, offering 10 free ebooks and 3 free print copies. The first day, 7 ebooks of "The Fibonacci Murders" were given away and 3 of "True Death." One more "True Death" has since been claimed. At this point I've received just one review, that of "True Death"--alas, it was a bad review, but we'll see what else happens.

They made a big deal of how fast "Fibonacci" was going. Apparently it was one of their "best sellers" (so to speak).

message 4: by Eva (new)

Eva Pasco (evapasco) | 103 comments Kay wrote: "Hi guys, an author taking part in my Indie Advent Calendar event has set up a site called BookGobbler. The way it works is that you set up a giveaway on their site, this can be for paperbacks but y..."

Thank you! I submitted, and opted for the eBooks only, submitting my new launch, '100 Wild Mushrooms: Memoirs of the '60s.' I'll also provide feedback.

The Self Publishing Agency (TSPA) | 2 comments So, what would be the difference between this and WattPad, for example? Or the reviewers and giveaways on Goodreads? Benefits you've experienced, drawbacks?

message 6: by Dale (new)

Dale Lehman (dalelehman) | 1695 comments I offered 10 ebook copies and 3 print copies of both The Fibonacci Murders and True Death. All 10 Fibonaccis have been taken. I think maybe only 4 True Deaths have been taken. No print copies as yet. I have received a number of new reviews for the first book, and one for the second. Most of them have been good, with helpful comments (both positive and negative) that I mostly have to agree with.

I think it's probably a good service for getting reviews and feedback, although it may take a little time. They don't let people continue to get free books if they don't post reviews of the ones they've received. I haven't used WattPad so I can't compare it to that. It's far better than GR giveaways. I gave away 10 print copies of Fibonacci on GR and got one review that only said, "I got this in a giveaway." Not entirely helpful. :-P

message 7: by Kay (new)

Kay | 414 comments They’ve just started a Goodreads group too if you’ve got more questions about them https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

Navigating Indieworld Discussing All Things Indie

unread topics | mark unread