YA Buddy Readers' Corner ♥ discussion

The Border
This topic is about The Border
BUDDY READ: Mystery/Crime > The Border by Steve Schafer - Restarting April 15th 2018

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84189 comments Mod
One moment changed their lives forever.

A band plays, glasses clink, and four teens sneak into the Mexican desert, the hum of celebration receding behind them.

Crack. Crack. Crack.

Not fireworks―gunshots. The music stops. And Pato, Arbo, Marcos, and Gladys are powerless as the lives they once knew are taken from them.

Then they are seen by the gunmen. They run. Except they have nowhere to go. The narcos responsible for their families' murders have put out a reward for the teens' capture. Staying in Mexico is certain death, but attempting to cross the border through an unforgiving desert may be as deadly as the secrets they are trying to escape...

message 2: by Shae (new) - added it

Shae Petersen | 5267 comments Does anyone know if this fit the challenge? I have it and wouldn’t mind joining

T.J. Burns | 2721 comments Shae wrote: "Does anyone know if this fit the challenge? I have it and wouldn’t mind joining"

I would say it fits for: "Read books that have white covers. (Must be atleast 50% white.)"

I loved this book! My review:
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...

CallMeSensei | 611 comments Thanks TJ! I hadn't looked into where it would fit yet.

Shae, I hope you join us!

CallMeSensei | 611 comments 22%: (view spoiler)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments 54%: (view spoiler)

CallMeSensei | 611 comments 84%: (view spoiler)

Sarah Elizabeth (bookworm_sarah) | 84189 comments Mod
*******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★

Date Changed. Restarting April 15th 2018. Happy Reading ☺

★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★
***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************