Book Snails Book Group discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
ARCHIVED > WANTED: Additional Group Co-Moderators

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

biblio • bliss (bookgirl1987) | 1152 comments Mod
Hey everyone! How is it already October? 2018 is heading our way...that's a really scary thought...to me anyway! Lol

Anywho, we are in desperate need of additional group members to help with co-moderating duties. Our humble little group is growing (slowly but surely) and we're always adding content to our group page. We'd love to have you join us as a co-mod!

By the way, it's easy to be a co-mod, it's just a bit detail-oriented and nit-picky at times in order to give our members the most user-friendly, convenient experience possible. Give a shout-out on this thread if you have the time and interest! We'd really appreciate it! Go ahead and volunteer and our current co-mod trio will be brainstorming how to repay your kindness! ;-)

message 2: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Hey Allison! I'm interested in being a co-mod. I've never done it before, and don't really know what it entails, but I do love our group, and want to volunteer :)

message 3: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Kelsey wrote: "Hey Allison! I'm interested in being a co-mod. I've never done it before, and don't really know what it entails, but I do love our group, and want to volunteer :)"

That would be great, Kelsey! May I have your email to send you additional information? My email is abarilone@hotmail.com if you have any questions. Or I can private message you in GR messages. Up to you. I'm excited to have some help and I'm sure StarMan and Ev will be too! ;-)

message 4: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

StarMan (thestarman) | 1826 comments Mod
It would be great to have a librarian (Kelsey!) on board :)

message 5: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey StarMan wrote: "It would be great to have a librarian (Kelsey!) on board :)"

Thanks StarMan!

message 6: by Lupe, Bibliophile Extraordinaire (new)

Lupe Dominguez (lupedominguez) | 92 comments Mod
Not sure how many more you need, but I'm interested for sure! If you are all set, then Welcome Kelsey and thanks for stepping up!!!

message 7: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

StarMan wrote: "It would be great to have a librarian (Kelsey!) on board :)"

I concur!

message 8: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Lupe wrote: "Not sure how many more you need, but I'm interested for sure! If you are all set, then Welcome Kelsey and thanks for stepping up!!!"

Lupe, I'll sign you up. If we have several co-mods, it always helps when things/people get busy, esp. during the holidays! I'll give you co-mod status. It's super easy to update it and it's even easier to be a co-mod. I appreciate you volunteering! ;-)

message 9: by Lupe, Bibliophile Extraordinaire (new)

Allison wrote: "Lupe wrote: "Not sure how many more you need, but I'm interested for sure! If you are all set, then Welcome Kelsey and thanks for stepping up!!!"

Lupe, I'll sign you up. If we have several co-mods..."

Awesome! Now...can I maybe have some tips and instructions? LOL! I don't want to mess things up!

message 10: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Lupe wrote: "Allison wrote: "Lupe wrote: "Not sure how many more you need, but I'm interested for sure! If you are all set, then Welcome Kelsey and thanks for stepping up!!!"

Lupe, I'll sign you up. If we have..."

For sure! I'll send you an email or I can private message you on GR. Which would you prefer?

Lol Don't worry about messing things up, we make mistakes as mods and co-mods...we're all learning here!

Also, which title would you like to display under your profile picture? Mine is "Mod Nerd" and our newest co-mod Kelsey is "Book Queen." It's silly fun ;-p

message 11: by Lupe, Bibliophile Extraordinaire (new)

Oh just a message on GR is fine with me. I keep all the important messages lol.

And I'm thinking "Bibliophile Extraordinaire" That sounds fun! :)

message 12: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Lupe wrote: "Oh just a message on GR is fine with me. I keep all the important messages lol.

And I'm thinking "Bibliophile Extraordinaire" That sounds fun! :)"

I'll update your title; I like that one! By the way, might have to wait until later today to message you instructions.

message 13: by Lupe, Bibliophile Extraordinaire (new)

Not a problem! :) I'm excited!

message 14: by Kelsey (new)

Kelsey Lupe wrote: "Not a problem! :) I'm excited!"

Thanks for volunteering Lupe!

message 15: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

Thank you, Lupe!

message 16: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

I think we've got enough co-moderators now! We'll keep this thread up in case anything changes. Feel free to volunteer now and in the future if you're interested. Thanks!

message 17: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Hey all. We are searching for additional co-moderators. We have had some members step down and would love you to join in our co-mod duties! It's low-key and fun! Chime in if you'd like to help our group out. Thank you.

message 18: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 452 comments I'd be happy to help, but fair warning... I'm still learning all the tech savvy stuff on here. :oP

message 19: by Keli, Keli Snail (new)

Keli | 417 comments Mod
Can I do it from my phone? Or do I need a computer?

message 20: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (last edited Mar 13, 2019 05:04AM) (new)

Keli wrote: "Can I do it from my phone? Or do I need a computer?"

Good question, Keli...

Phone (Mobile version of Goodreads.com) is fine, although the Desktop version helps if you are doing fancier text formatting or whatnot.

GR Help on switching between Mobile and Desktop versions: https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/4...

~~~~~~
Co-moderators basically:

* Look at new posts when time permits.
* Reply to Snail questions when appropriate.
* Help us post monthly/quarterly stuff and Polls for BOTM (Book of the Month) and such.
* Help share other duties when requested by Allison or other group Moderators.

We also have some 'Tips & Tricks' in a dedicated discussion at:
https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 21: by Keli, Keli Snail (last edited Mar 13, 2019 05:56AM) (new)

Keli | 417 comments Mod
I only use the desktop version on my phone. I don't know much about html but I can do basic things like add pictures, spoilers, italics bold, etc. But that's about it.
Since I am often on Goodreads, I can help.

message 22: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Vickie wrote: "I'd be happy to help, but fair warning... I'm still learning all the tech savvy stuff on here. :oP"

Happy to have you as co-moderator, Vickie. Do you think you can contribute enough for me to add you as a co-mod? And we're all learning how to navigate the group...no worries! ;-)

message 23: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 452 comments readage 📚☕️ wrote: "Vickie wrote: "I'd be happy to help, but fair warning... I'm still learning all the tech savvy stuff on here. :oP"

Happy to have you as co-moderator, Vickie. Do you think you can contribute enough..."

Absolutely, I'm happy to help in any way! Thanks! ☺

message 24: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (last edited Mar 26, 2019 05:29AM) (new)

Question: Do you lovely Snail co-moderators want a dedicated Topic for Moderators/Co-Moderators to communicate and share tips/questions in?

If so, we can add one.

Or you may just wish to join the existing "Moderators Support Group" at https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/...

~~~~~~

I just posted general instructions on adding a Poll, for anyone who hasn't tried such before:

If any of you co-mods (old or new) want to add the April BOTM poll, go for it ;)

message 25: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 452 comments StarMan wrote: "► Question: Do you lovely Snail co-moderators want a dedicated Topic for Moderators/Co-Moderators to communicate and share tips/questions in?

If so, we can add one.

Or you may just wish to join ..."

Sounds good to me, great idea! Thanks StarMan!

message 26: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

Vickie wrote: "readage 📚☕️ wrote: "Vickie wrote: "I'd be happy to help, but fair warning... I'm still learning all the tech savvy stuff on here. :oP"

Happy to have you as co-moderator, Vickie. Do you think you c..."

Voila...you are now a co-moderator!

message 27: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

StarMan wrote: "► Question: Do you lovely Snail co-moderators want a dedicated Topic for Moderators/Co-Moderators to communicate and share tips/questions in?

If so, we can add one.

Keli wrote: "I only use the desktop version on my phone. I don't know much about html but I can do basic things like add pictures, spoilers, italics bold, etc. But that's about it.
Since I am often on Goodread..."

Happy to have you as well, Keli! Sending you a direct message to see when you'd like to start as co-mod. No rush.

message 28: by biblio • bliss, Mod Nerd (new)

StarMan wrote: "► Question: Do you lovely Snail co-moderators want a dedicated Topic for Moderators/Co-Moderators to communicate and share tips/questions in?

If so, we can add one.

I'm working on both the Moderator Discussion thread and the April BOTM poll! ;-)

message 29: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 452 comments readage 📚☕️ wrote: "Vickie wrote: "readage 📚☕️ wrote: "Vickie wrote: "I'd be happy to help, but fair warning... I'm still learning all the tech savvy stuff on here. :oP"

Happy to have you as co-moderator, Vickie. Do ..."

Great, thanks!

message 30: by Keli, Keli Snail (last edited Mar 27, 2019 05:53AM) (new)

Keli | 417 comments Mod
Btw, not sure if I mentioned in my reply, I hadn't had any coffee this morning when I replied, so goodness knows what I wrote, but I can start ASAP.
Thanks for the welcome.

message 31: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

Our Queen Moderator has the new "Moderator Support Discussion Thread" up at:

Tip: If you're looking at the list of all our group Discussions, the new Moderator thread is located under the "Group Information" heading.

message 32: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (new)

Welcome Kelli & Vickie, thanks for being our newest Co-Moderators/Super Snails ;p

message 33: by Keli, Keli Snail (last edited Apr 04, 2019 03:48AM) (new)

Keli | 417 comments Mod
Cool and thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure what I should be doing exactly. I've read Starman's link and have started the main GR one but do we have specific duties?

message 34: by Vickie (new)

Vickie (bookfan4ever) | 452 comments Thanks StarMan!

message 35: by StarMan, Co-Mod Space Snail (last edited Apr 04, 2019 09:30PM) (new)

Keli wrote: "Cool and thanks for the welcome. I'm not sure what I should be doing exactly. I've read Starman's link and have started the main GR one but do we have specific duties?"

It's pretty informal, Keli. I'll send you a message soon. And I'll ask Queen Allison (https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/2...) if she'd like to do a semi-official duty list.

No worries, we don't get in a rush here!

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.