Audiobooks discussion

'She Is Evil!': Madness And Murder In Memphis
This topic is about 'She Is Evil!'
Free Promos for Review > Free codes for review of true crime book

Comments Showing 1-20 of 20 (20 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Lee (last edited Oct 11, 2017 09:24AM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Hi all,

I have some codes for review purposes for my latest release on Audible. She is Evil! Madness and Murder in Memphis is by Judith A. Yates.

"That woman is evil. She is evil!"

Ejaz Ahmad was handsome, charismatic, and a self-made businessman. He arrived in the United States from Pakistan determined to fulfill his mother's dying wish: to come to America, complete his education, and make his mark in the world. Settling in Memphis, Tennessee, Ejaz became owner of several businesses, father to a handsome boy, and a devout Muslim. The only thing missing in his life was a wife, someone special to protect, honor, and love.

Leah Ward was a pretty girl, but a prison parolee with a history of drug charges, petty crime, and a questionable past. She led a flotsam life, drifting from town to city to state. When she was introduced to Ejaz Ahmad, she believed she had found the ultimate answer: a place to live, someone to take care of her, and money to spend. But what began idyllic soon became abusive and then dangerous for Ejaz. His friends and family warned him. And in May of 2003, Ejaz paid the ultimate price when family members found his mutilated body in a shed.

She is Evil is a story of trust, abuse, religion, and murder. Of a kind man who tried to help a troubled woman and became the victim of abuse and, eventually, a heinous murder. "

Here's the link to the book in order to listen to the sample: https://www.audible.com/pd/Nonfiction...

PM me with your email address or post below and I'll send you a code and instructions in return for an honest review on Audible.

Cheers!
Lee Ann

Rabid Reader (rabidreaderreviews) | 59 comments PM sent

Rabid Reader (rabidreaderreviews) | 59 comments PM not sent as I can’t find a a PM button

message 4: by Edward (new) - added it

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 561 comments jagsed5@hotmail.com

message 5: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Rabid Reader wrote: "PM not sent as I can’t find a a PM button"

I messaged you a code with instructions, RR. Hope you enjoy the book and I look forward to your review on Audible.

Cheers,
Lee Ann

message 6: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Edward wrote: "jagsed5@hotmail.com"

Code sent, Edward! Look forward to your review on Audible.

Best,
Lee Ann

message 7: by Edward (new) - added it

Edward Murphy (beachsided) | 561 comments Lee wrote: "Edward wrote: "jagsed5@hotmail.com"

Code sent, Edward! Look forward to your review on Audible.

Best,
Lee Ann"

thank you

Beverly Hunter | 21 comments hunt5052@gmail.com

message 9: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Beverly wrote: "hunt5052@gmail.com"

Code sent! Looking forward to your review on Audible.

Best,
Lee Ann

message 10: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Mina wrote: "May I ask for a spare code please?
lotustraw@foxmail.com
thank you"

Code sent, Mina. Look forward to your review on Audible!

Best,
Lee Ann

message 11: by Minty (new)

Minty | 13 comments Oh my oh my I just saw it was based on a true crime, so all the sadder and more interesting. Would you send a link via private message or e-mail to amazesso1@gmail.com?

message 12: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments I was just notified by a reviewer that there is a problem with chapter 12 for She is Evil! Since this needs to be corrected but no one is available for this type of support over the weekend, I'll be contacting Audible first thing tomorrow morning. The book may be pulled for a short time in order to upload the corrected version.

I apologize for the inconvenience.

Best!
Lee Ann

Rabid Reader (rabidreaderreviews) | 59 comments I just got to chapter 12 (great story btw). What book is this chapter from, it sounds interesting?

message 14: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Rabid Reader wrote: "I just got to chapter 12 (great story btw). What book is this chapter from, it sounds interesting?"

Glad you're enjoying the book and, again, I apologize!

That chapter is from 'The Bedwarmer's Son' by Caryl McAdoo: https://www.audible.com/pd/Romance/Th...

I'm sure that Audible will replace your copy of She is Evil.

message 15: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Hi all,

Just checking in to let everyone who requested a code know that the corrected version of the book (with the 'real' chapter 12) is now up on Audible. If you already downloaded the faulty version, just re-download the book and there should no longer be a problem.

Thanks to the reviewer who let me know about this and apologies to all!

Best,
Lee Ann

message 16: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Minty wrote: "Oh my oh my I just saw it was based on a true crime, so all the sadder and more interesting. Would you send a link via private message or e-mail to amazesso1@gmail.com?"

Hi Minty,
I just sent you a code with instructions. I wanted to make sure the corrected version was up on Audible before sending. I look forward to your review on Audible!

Best,
Lee Ann

message 17: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Minty, the email you listed above just bounced the message with the code in it back to me. Are you sure that's correct?

Thanks!
Lee Ann

message 18: by Shane (new)

Shane Phillips | 91 comments any left? shanemp@gmail.com

message 19: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments Shane wrote: "any left? shanemp@gmail.com"

I've sent you an email, Shane.

Thanks!
Lee Ann

message 20: by Lee (new) - rated it 4 stars

Lee Howlett | 360 comments All codes have been sent out for this book. Thanks to all who agreed to review it!

Best,
Lee Ann