The Fitz Fandom discussion

General > Mod chat ( Moderators only)

Comments Showing 1-35 of 35 (35 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

*ratherbereading* Ok, we can talk about countdown ideas here. I like your 5 so far. So we'll keep those. I'll go brainstorm and come back in a while with some more.

*ratherbereading* Actually, how bout we do it this way. You come up with ten(so five more including the five you have already) and then I'll pick my favorite 5 out of your ten and we'll use those. Then I'll Come up with ten and you'll choose your favorite 5 from my ten. Then we'll do it again, (you coming up with ten and me choosing 5 of them then me coming up with another ten and you choosing 5 of them) That way we'll have each come up with 20 questions for a total of 40 questions, but we'll only be using 20 of them. I think this is good because we'll be able to really wring out the juices of keeper and our brains to get the BEST possible questions for our 20 day countdown. It will be hard! But we are both very familiar with the books(at least I hope we are considering what keeper geeks we are) so it should be ok. I'll be waiting for your remaining 5! WooHoo!!!

message 3: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 02, 2017 07:44PM) (new)

*Ramya* | 595 comments Mod
Sure! I'll get started on that tomorrow! I am currently a sleep-deprived teenager who still hasn't finished her homework. *sighs* I really wish I was home schooled sometimes :)

My parents wouldn't make me have to stay up until midnight finishing my homework and wake up at 6 for dance practice *sighs dreamily*

*almost falls asleep*

*hits head on table accidentally*

"I'm awake! I'm awake!" *looks around wildly*

*falls asleep*

message 4: by *Ramya* (new)

1 more day to go: What are some ships you think will sail/not sail? Why?

2 more days to go: What will the preface have in it?

3 more days to go: Why do you think Chapter 71 is significant?

4 more days: Do you think there will be major character development in Nightfall?

5 days: Tam and Linh are part of the main "friend group" but arrived later in the books. Do you think some people in Nightfall will be introduced into their friend group? If so, is it possible for them to become a rival love interest for any of the ships--especially Sophie's?

6: What do you think will happen in the first chapter? (What is going to happen with Amy and when will Nightfall start in respect to Lodestar's ending?)

7: Will Amy become a love interest? If so, to who? (EX: Keefe, Dex, Rex, Lex, Jensi)

8: What is Fitz's secret password to get into Sophie's head? Do you think it'll be revealed in Nightfall?

9: What will Fitz ask for his favor from Sophie? If Sophie tells Fitz about her crush on him, how will Fitz react?

10: How old are Sophie, Fitz, Keefe, Biana, Dex, Tam, and Linh at this point?

message 5: by *Ramya* (new)

I'll create my next 10 after we both pick our favorite five :)

*ratherbereading* Yay!!!! Those are all really good! I like 2,3,5,6, and 8!

Here are my 10. :)

1: What are your favorite keeper books in order ( even thought they're all amazing) from greatest to least? (Ex: 51324)

2: In the summary of Nightfall we hear about Sophie striking a " dangerous bargain" to get to the door in Keefe's memory. Who is this dangerous bargain struck with? And what is the dangerous bargain?

3: In Neverseen during Sophie and Fitz's Cognate training, Sophie sees Fitz is Jealous over something while they're training in the emotional center of each other's minds. Do you think we'll learn what Fitz was jealous of in Nightfall? What do you think Mr. Forkle did/said to him to trigger Jealousy?

4: What do you think is happening in the scene on the cover of Nightfall?

5: What is your opinion on Shannon having Brant die?

6: What do you think of the new enemy Shannon has introduced? ( See page 665 of Lodestar) Who do you think he might be?

7: What do you think Mr. Forkle's final ability is?

8: Shannon has implied that her goal is to get all her characters sleeping with stuffed animals. Who do you think will be the next to get one? What species would you make it if you were her?

9: What is the one thing you wish there could be more of in Nightfall that there wasn't in Lodestar?

10: What is your theory on the word Criterion and why Fintan was having Keefe choose the people he would save out of a city during their training? Are the two related?

message 7: by *Ramya* (new)

Amazing questions! Can we keep all of yours? I really need to refresh my mind on Keeper :)

*ratherbereading* Uh... Sure! Just out of curiosity, What would be the five you would have chosen?

Ok! Now you just make your next ten and then ill chose five and we'll be all set to begin the Nightfall countdown October 19!!! ( I think ) :)

message 9: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 06, 2017 01:54PM) (new)

2, 3, 4, 6, 10 -- all the theories :)

Can you explain #7? What final ability are you referring to? Is it his final disguise(s)?

1) Who do you think Sophie's parents are? Mr. Forkle once said that if Sophie found out who her parents were, it would trigger a chain reaction that could possibly lead to the world's destruction. What is your reaction to/prediction for this? Mr. Forkle also told Sophie that Kenric wasn't her father. Do you think he was telling the truth? If not, why?

(More to come, but it's 11:45 PM--I have to sleep :)

*ratherbereading* Interesting...

Major oops. Yeah, I meant identity not ability. This relates the whole thing with him giving Sophie the wanderling seed, and then Oralie saying his last identity could be a final secret they could share together.

Ok! I can't wait!

message 11: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 07, 2017 09:42AM) (new)

2) Who will make a move? In Lodestar, it has become very clear that Fitz and Keefe seem to be "competing" to win Sophie's heart. Fitz, in general, seems more passive than Keefe, but that may change. Keefe, on the other hand, seems to have been plotting his "big move" from the moment he met Sophie. Who do you think will make the first move? Why do you think _____ should make the next move?
Note: Include who you ship!

message 12: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 07, 2017 09:43AM) (new)

(More to come--sorry it's taking so long, but there's going to be a LOT of people at my house tomorrow, and my room - and the house - is currently a mess :)

*ratherbereading* Ooo that sound like fun.... ;) That's totally fine, we still have plenty of time. (Woah that rhymed)

message 14: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 09, 2017 08:56PM) (new)

Cool! (The inspiration for this question is obvious)

3) Make a rhyme for what you think/want to happen in Nightfall!

*ratherbereading* Haha love it!

message 16: by *Ramya* (new)

4) Do you think anyone will get a serious injury/die in Nightfall? (J.K. Rowling gave everyone a big shock in the seventh book of Harry Potter all the tragedies)

5) Is there any possibility that Kenric is alive? Is there a possibility that Kenric is part of the Neverseen (whether it be by choice or by force)?

26 more days!

message 17: by *Ramya* (new)

6) Will Sophie ever see her human parents again?

message 18: by Emily (new)

Emily (emilyswiss) | 9 comments *Ramya* wrote: "6) Will Sophie ever see her human parents again?"

Yes, I'm sure she will. Right now, I think we are assuming that the Neverseen has taken her human family and she is going to go find them.
These questions are so cool! They are probably rhetorical but whatever :)

SO EXCITED

*ratherbereading* We haven't started the countdown yet! This is just a place for me and Ramya to discuss our questions BEFORE we announce them to the rest of the group! Hence the whole Moderators only title... Come back October 19th on a new thread that I will create for answering these questions. :)

message 20: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 13, 2017 12:35PM) (new)

7) Do you think Sophie will end up living in the Lost Cities at one point because of amnesia? Do you think she'll turn human somehow?

message 21: by *Ramya* (new)

8) If Sophie and her friends were to all have a sleepover (this time with Keefe, Tam, and Linh) what would happen? Do you think there will be a game of Truth Or Dare, Spin the Bottle, or another sleepover in Nightfall or books 7 and 8?

message 22: by *Ramya* (new)

Everything in one place (9 and 10 coming soon)!

1) Who do you think Sophie's parents are? Mr. Forkle once said that if Sophie found out who her parents were, it would trigger a chain reaction that could possibly lead to the world's destruction. What is your reaction to/prediction for this? Mr. Forkle also told Sophie that Kenric wasn't her father. Do you think he was telling the truth? If not, why?

2) Who will make a move? In Lodestar, it has become very clear that Fitz and Keefe seem to be "competing" to win Sophie's heart. Fitz, in general, seems more passive than Keefe, but that may change. Keefe, on the other hand, seems to have been plotting his "big move" from the moment he met Sophie. Who do you think will make the first move? Why do you think _____ should make the next move?

3) Make a rhyme for what you think/want to happen in Nightfall!

4) Do you think anyone will get a serious injury/die in Nightfall? (J.K. Rowling gave everyone a big shock in the seventh book of Harry Potter all the tragedies)

5) Is there any possibility that Kenric is alive? Is there a possibility that Kenric is part of the Neverseen (whether it be by choice or by force)?

6) Will Sophie ever see her human parents again?

7) Do you think Sophie will end up living in the Lost Cities at one point because of amnesia? Do you think she'll turn human somehow?

8) If Sophie and her friends were to all have a sleepover (this time with Keefe, Tam, and Linh) what would happen? Do you think there will be a game of Truth Or Dare, Spin the Bottle, or another sleepover in Nightfall or books 7 and 8?

Should we add two options for some of the days counting down to Nightfall? That way, questions won't go to waste and you can create more questions if you would like to! :)

message 23: by *ratherbereading* (last edited Oct 15, 2017 04:56PM) (new)

*ratherbereading* That's a great idea! We'll do two questions a day so we use all the questions we've made. Ok, I made 10 more and added them to the rest of them and randomized them. My new 10 are in italics. So here's the lay out:

20 days to go: We'll use the final two that you haven't come up with yet.

19 days to go: Question 1: Do you think anyone will get a serious injury/die in Nightfall? (J.K. Rowling gave everyone a big shock in the seventh book of Harry Potter all the tragedies)

Question 2: Tam and Linh are part of the main "friend group" but arrived later in the books. Do you think some people in Nightfall will be introduced into their friend group? If so, is it possible for them to become a rival love interest for any of the ships--especially Sophie's?

18 days to go: Question 1: What is your theory on the word Criterion and why Fintan was having Keefe choose the people he would save out of a city during their training? Are the two related?

Question 2: Which intelligent species in Keeper interests you the most? ( Ex. Ogres, Goblins, Trolls, Gnomes, Elves, Humans)

17 days to go: Question 1: What are your favorite keeper books in order ( even thought they're all amazing) from greatest to least? (Ex: 51324)

Question 2: Do you think Sophie has any more hidden abilities? What would you want her next ability to be?

16 days to go: Question 1: What Elvin dessert/food would you most want to try?

Question 2: Do you think there will be major character development in Nightfall?

15 days to go: Question 1: How did you discover Keeper of the Lost Cities?

Question 2: Will Sophie ever see her human parents again?

14 days to go: Question 1: In the summary of Nightfall we hear about Sophie striking a " dangerous bargain" to get to the door in Keefe's memory. Who is this dangerous bargain struck with? And what is the dangerous bargain?

Question 2: What is your opinion on Shannon having Brant die?

13 days to go: Question 1:Who do you think Mr. Forkle's final identity is?

Question 2: What do you think will happen in the first chapter? (What is going to happen with Amy and when will Nightfall start in respect to Lodestar's ending?)

12 days to go: Question 1:What do you think of the new enemy Shannon has introduced? ( See page 665 of Lodestar) Who do you think he might be?

Question 2: What are your two favorite Elvin skills (not abilities)?

11 days to go: Is there any possibility that Kenric is alive? Is there a possibility that Kenric is part of the Neverseen (whether it be by choice or by force)?

Question 2: What is Fitz's secret password to get into Sophie's head? Do you think it'll be revealed in Nightfall?

10 days to go: Question 1: How old are Sophie, Fitz, Keefe, Biana, Dex, Tam, and Linh at this point?

Question 2: Question 1: What do you think Marella's role will be in Nightfall? Will she join the group in defeating the Neverseen, or will she even be friends with them at all? Also, do you think she'll manisfest in Nightfall? What ability would that be?

9 days to go: Question 1: What do you think is happening in the scene on the cover of Nightfall?

Question 2: What will Fitz ask for his favor from Sophie? If Sophie tells Fitz about her crush on him, how will Fitz react?

8 days to go: Question 1: Shannon has implied that her goal is to get all her characters sleeping with stuffed animals. Who do you think will be the next to get one? What species would you make it if you were her?

Question 2: Do you think Amy will end up living in the Lost Cities at one point because of amnesia? Do you think she'll turn elf somehow? ( I tweaked this one. You had it saying Sophie moved to lost cities and turning human and I didn't think that sounded right. Is this what you meant? )

7 days to go: Question 1: Who will make a move? In Lodestar, it has become very clear that Fitz and Keefe seem to be "competing" to win Sophie's heart. Fitz, in general, seems more passive than Keefe, but that may change. Keefe, on the other hand, seems to have been plotting his "big move" from the moment he met Sophie. Who do you think will make the first move? Why do you think _____ should make the next move?

Question 2: In every book Shannon introduces a new Gnomish produce that tastes like a human food. Which human food taste do you think should be represented next?

6 days to go: Question 1: In Neverseen during Sophie and Fitz's Cognate training, Sophie sees Fitz is Jealous over something while they're training in the emotional center of each other's minds. Do you think we'll learn what Fitz was jealous of in Nightfall? What do you think Mr. Forkle did/said to him to trigger Jealousy?

Question 2:Who do you think Sophie's parents are? Mr. Forkle once said that if Sophie found out who her parents were, it would trigger a chain reaction that could possibly lead to the world's destruction. What is your reaction to/prediction for this? Mr. Forkle also told Sophie that Kenric wasn't her father. Do you think he was telling the truth? If not, why?

5 days to go: Question 1: What is the one thing you wish there could be more of in Nightfall that there wasn't in Lodestar?

Question 2: What will Nightfall's preface have in it?

4 days to go: Question 1: In Lodestar, Sophie triggered the ability of an enhancer. How do you think her new ability will affect her normal life, and her fight against the rebels?

Question 2: If Sophie and her friends were to all have a sleepover (this time with Keefe, Tam, and Linh) what would happen? Do you think there will be a game of Truth Or Dare, Spin the Bottle, or another sleepover in Nightfall or books 7 and 8?

3 days to go: Question 1: Make a rhyme for what you think/want to happen in Nightfall!

Question 2: Will Amy become a love interest? If so, to who? (EX: Keefe, Dex, Rex, Lex, Jensi)

2 days to go: Question 1: Why do you think Chapter 71 is significant?

Question 2: Do you think we know the rest of the collective? Do you think more of their identities will be revealed in Nightfall or even at all?

1 day to go: Question 1: What are some ships you think will sail/not sail? Why?

Question 2: How insanely excited are you for Nightfall!?!?!?!?!?!?!

message 24: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 15, 2017 05:49PM) (new)

20 days to go:
Question 1: Do you think someone will get a "girl" or "boy" talk in Nightfall? If so, who? (Sophie, Fitz, and Biana got their awkward talks already - but there may be more to come! :)

Question 2: Do you think Grady, Sandor, or Alden will finally realize that Sophie actually has a crush on Fitz? Will Grady and Sandor approve of Fitz?

19 days to go:
Question 1: Do you think anyone will get a serious injury/die in Nightfall? (J.K. Rowling gave everyone a big shock in the seventh book of Harry Potter all the tragedies)

Question 2: Tam and Linh are part of the main "friend group" but arrived later in the books. Do you think some people in Nightfall will be introduced into their friend group? If so, is it possible for them to become a rival love interest for any of the ships--especially Sophie's?

18 days to go:
Question 1: What is your theory on the word Criterion and why Fintan was having Keefe choose the people he would save out of a city during their training? Are the two related?

Question 2: Which intelligent species in Keeper interests you the most? ( Ex. Ogres, Goblins, Trolls, Gnomes, Elves, Humans)

17 days to go:
Question 1: What are your favorite keeper books in order ( even thought they're all amazing) from greatest to least? (Ex: 51324)

Question 2: Do you think Sophie has any more hidden abilities? What would you want her next ability to be?

16 days to go:
Question 1: What Elvin dessert/food would you most want to try?

Question 2: Do you think there will be major character development in Nightfall?

15 days to go:
Question 1: How did you discover Keeper of the Lost Cities?

Question 2: Will Sophie ever see her human parents again?

14 days to go:
Question 1: In the summary of Nightfall we hear about Sophie striking a " dangerous bargain" to get to the door in Keefe's memory. Who is this dangerous bargain struck with? And what is the dangerous bargain?

Question 2: What is your opinion on Shannon having Brant die?

13 days to go:
Question 1: Who do you think Mr. Forkle's final identity is?

Question 2: What do you think will happen in the first chapter? (What is going to happen with Amy and when will Nightfall start in respect to Lodestar's ending?)

12 days to go:
Question 1: What do you think of the new enemy Shannon has introduced? ( See page 665 of Lodestar) Who do you think he might be?

Question 2: What are your two favorite Elvin skills (not abilities)?

11 days to go:
Question 1: Is there any possibility that Kenric is alive? Is there a possibility that Kenric is part of the Neverseen (whether it be by choice or by force)?

Question 2: What is Fitz's secret password to get into Sophie's head? Do you think it'll be revealed in Nightfall?

10 days to go:
Question 1: How old are Sophie, Fitz, Keefe, Biana, Dex, Tam, and Linh at this point?

Question 2: Question 1: What do you think Marella's role will be in Nightfall? Will she join the group in defeating the Neverseen, or will she even be friends with them at all? Also, do you think she'll manisfest in Nightfall? What ability would that be?

9 days to go:
Question 1: What do you think is happening in the scene on the cover of Nightfall?

Question 2: What will Fitz ask for his favor from Sophie? If Sophie tells Fitz about her crush on him, how will Fitz react?

8 days to go:
Question 1: Shannon has implied that her goal is to get all her characters sleeping with stuffed animals. Who do you think will be the next to get one? What species would you make it if you were her?

Question 2: Do you think Amy will end up living in the Lost Cities permanently? Do you think she'll turn out to be an elf somehow? (I like this version better because it's simpler; my original question was actually to ask if Sophie would become a human and live in the Lost Cities with her and her human family's memories wiped at some point :)

7 days to go:
Question 1: Who will make a move? In Lodestar, it has become very clear that Fitz and Keefe seem to be "competing" to win Sophie's heart. Fitz, in general, seems more passive than Keefe, but that may change. Keefe, on the other hand, seems to have been plotting his "big move" from the moment he met Sophie. Who do you think will make the first move? Why do you think _____ should make the next move?

Question 2: In every book Shannon introduces a new Gnomish produce that tastes like a human food. Which human food taste do you think should be represented next?

6 days to go:
Question 1: In Neverseen during Sophie and Fitz's Cognate training, Sophie sees Fitz is Jealous over something while they're training in the emotional center of each other's minds. Do you think we'll learn what Fitz was jealous of in Nightfall? What do you think Mr. Forkle did/said to him to trigger Jealousy?

Question 2: Who do you think Sophie's parents are? Mr. Forkle once said that if Sophie found out who her parents were, it would trigger a chain reaction that could possibly lead to the world's destruction. What is your reaction to/prediction for this? Mr. Forkle also told Sophie that Kenric wasn't her father. Do you think he was telling the truth? If not, why?

5 days to go:
Question 1: What is the one thing you wish there could be more of in Nightfall that there wasn't in Lodestar?

Question 2: What will Nightfall's preface have in it?

4 days to go:
Question 1: In Lodestar, Sophie triggered the ability of an enhancer. How do you think her new ability will affect her normal life, and her fight against the rebels?

Question 2: If Sophie and her friends were to all have a sleepover (this time with Keefe, Tam, and Linh) what would happen? Do you think there will be a game of Truth Or Dare, Spin the Bottle, or another sleepover in Nightfall or books 7 and 8?

3 days to go:
Question 1: Make a rhyme for what you think/want to happen in Nightfall!

Question 2: Will Amy become a love interest? If so, to who? (EX: Keefe, Dex, Rex, Lex, Jensi)

2 days to go:
Question 1: Why do you think Chapter 71 is significant?

Question 2: Do you think we know the rest of the collective? Do you think more of their identities will be revealed in Nightfall or even at all?

1 day to go:
Question 1: What are some ships you think will sail/not sail? Why?

Question 2: How insanely excited are you for Nightfall!?!?!?!?!?!?!

message 25: by *Ramya* (new)

I love your new questions!

message 26: by *Ramya* (new)

Can't wait 'till Tuesday! Also, have you seen Nightfall's quotes posted in Shannon's Instagram?

message 27: by *Ramya* (new)

We start the countdown tomorrow!

*squeals*

*ratherbereading* I thought we started Oct. 19th... So, Thursday...

message 29: by *Ramya* (last edited Oct 17, 2017 08:00PM) (new)

Oh...

It said on my countdown that there were 20 days left...I was so excited :(

URL:
https://days.to/until/7-november

*ratherbereading* Huh... Well not much we can do now I guess. So, do you have the two questions we are going to do tomorrow? I started a thread for it. How about we rotate. You take 20(or 19 I guess :I) and I'll take the next day and you take the next and I'll take the next and so on. So you do Thursday, I'll do Friday, You do Saturday, and so on. The lay out is above.

message 31: by *Ramya* (new)

Sure :) My questions have been added above - and we can have the last few questions bunched together in one day!

message 32: by *Ramya* (new)

Hi! Sorry I've been gone for so long :) Do you think we should brainstorm some new activities for everyone? Let me know what you think!

*ratherbereading* My, my. We have been gone long. I read back through the thread above and... that all feels like a different life! Kinda sad. I'm sure you've done all kinds of growing up since 2017. :(

Honestly... I'm completely at a loss as to how to continue/come up with something new. The only thing I can think of is maybe getting back on some of the old threads/activities we did and reigniting the conversations? What do you think.

It feels so weird to get back on this group page and read the conversations everyone had. We were all so obsessed with this series--it was all-consuming! Now, I just can appreciate how much it meant to me throughout the latter years of my childhood, and feel sad over how much more complicated my life is now. Lol, nows not the time for a sob story. But it's good to hear from you again. :)

message 34: by *Ramya* (new)

*ratherbereading* wrote: "My, my. We have been gone long. I read back through the thread above and... that all feels like a different life! Kinda sad. I'm sure you've done all kinds of growing up since 2017. :(

Agreed :)

message 35: by *Ramya* (new)

Very true - it feels kinda weird looking back at all our conversations, and I think that we all definitely have grown up, if some of the others start commenting again, we can pick up from there. If not, we can just start challenges arbitrarily, especially when the next book comes out, if you would like :)

It was great to hear from you again! I can't believe that 3 years have already passed...I'm 15 now.

The charm that KOTLC once had on me has diminished, but I still love the series and am super happy that Sophitz is finally happening :) What about you?