2-3-4 Challenge discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archives - Group Reads > Are You Interested?

Comments Showing 1-24 of 24 (24 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 11147 comments Mod
By the end of 2017, we will finish one of our three series group reads (Bullet Catchers) and we’ll be up to date in the other two (Harry Bosch & Cork O’Connor) by April 2018.

Two things I’d like your feedback about....

1. Are you still interested in participating in series group reads (if a series you were interested in was selected)? If so, is three the right number?

2. Would you prefer to wait until January 2018 to begin the nomination process for our next series or start it now? One benefit of starting now would be to help you in your planning for 2018, even though we’d begin when the next one ends.

Thanks in advance for your feedback! You’re wonderful members.

message 2: by Monica (new)

Monica | 860 comments 1. I am interested in series group reads. I've missed them! And I'd say 2-3 is a good number.

2. I'm with you, I say we begin the nomination process now.

message 3: by Lieke (new)

Lieke | 1152 comments 1. I'm interested, 3 sound like a good number. But I'm not participating in any of the current series group reads.

2. I would prefer to start the nomination process now.

message 4: by Sharmon (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 258 comments 1. I like reading along with the group reads. I could never read along with all three, but I think 3 is a good number if they vary in style that way members can find something they like.

2. I think starting now would be good also. I like to make a reading plan on New Years day.

message 5: by Karen ♐ (new)

Karen ♐ (kmk1214) | 443 comments 1. I love group reads. 3 sounds like a good number to me also.

2. I think starting the nominations now would be a good idea.

message 6: by Jonetta (new)

Here’s Phrynne's reply to me via PM:

“Yes I am always interested in your group reads. So far you have introduced me to Sebastian StCyr and Cork O'Connor!
I think three is a good number - sometimes a series selected is one I have read already and it is good to have another choice.
I think you may as well start the nominations now. As you say it gives everyone plenty of time to plan:)”

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (trakka) | 1363 comments 1. I would like to try and read along with one of the group reads however it would depend on the series chosen.

2. I think the sooner the better to give time to plan.

message 8: by Michelle (new)

Michelle | 2483 comments I love group reads or buddy reads. So I'll say yes I'm interested. I didn't participate in the ones going now but I'll keep an eye on what they are in the future .
I think 2-3 series is good. As Phrynne says always good to have choices as one might be a series you've read before. Or just good to have different choices
Me? I usually wait to the last minute to plan my reading but I know I'm in the minority in that. So here I don't mind. Now or later. Either will do

message 9: by Lauren (new)

Lauren (laurenjberman) | 4412 comments Mod
1. I also enjoy the group read and would participate. 2-3 sounds just right to me.

2. We can start the process now.

message 10: by Laura (new)

Laura | 2344 comments I like the idea of group reads, but the reality is that usually what is chosen isn't a series that I want to commit to.

message 11: by Lynne (new)

Lynne I like the group reads, but it depends on the series as to whether I participate. 2-3 is good.

Now or later does not matter to me.

message 12: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2665 comments How many nominations do we get?

message 13: by Jonetta (new)

Three.

message 14: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments I do like the group reads even though I fell out of the Cork O'Connor one (saw a spoiler that sort of put me off the rest of the series). I think three series is good because, as others have said, it offers choices so people are likely to be interested in at least one.

And I'm all for early planning.

message 15: by Jonetta (new)

Veronica wrote: "I do like the group reads even though I fell out of the Cork O'Connor one (saw a spoiler that sort of put me off the rest of the series). I think three series is good because, as others have said, ..."

I think I know what spoiler you read. That’s the book we read last month and, like you, I was saddened and reluctant to even read the book.

message 16: by Veronica (new)

Veronica  (readingonthefly) | 1631 comments Yep, that's the one!

message 17: by Anita (new)

Anita (anitanodiva) | 2665 comments That is the best reason I have for not reading reviews of books I plan to read. I can't count the times I've read a review and a critical piece of the plot was revealed. I hate that.

message 18: by Jonetta (new)

In this case, it wasn’t a review. It was the book blurb.

message 19: by Sharmon (last edited Oct 04, 2017 07:30AM) (new)

Sharmon (tpgirl) | 258 comments Yes....I think that was the worst book blurb ever, luckily I never read it! I cannot fathom why they chose to put such important plot info in the blurb.

I am so looking forward to see what is nominated!

message 20: by Chris (new)

Chris (cdavies1951) | 21 comments Three sounds good - I'd like to start now with nominations.

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

I’m seeing a trend here! I’ll get the nomination process started and three series it is!

Thanks everyone for weighing in.

message 22: by Jonetta (new)

Sharmon wrote: "Yes....I think that was the worst book blurb ever, luckily I never read it! I cannot fathom why they chose to put such important plot info in the blurb.

I am so looking forward to see what is nomi..."

Just horrible. I reached out to the author and he responded. Check out the book discussion, Question K.

message 23: by Charlene (new)

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 613 comments 1. Three sounds good to me, for same reasons as above.
2. Starting now sounds good.

message 24: by Angela (new)

Angela | 749 comments Three sounds great to me as well, as it gives people options. I would definitely participate in one. I've really enjoyed doing the Cork O'Connor series read this year in the group.

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.