The Bibliophiles discussion

Let the Right One In
This topic is about Let the Right One In
Book of the Month > October BOTM: Let the Right One In

Comments Showing 1-11 of 11 (11 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lisa (lml369_07) | 1048 comments Mod
Hello all and welcome to October, my favorite month of the year! Our winner by eventual coin toss thanks to a tie is Let the Right One In by John Ajvide Lindqvist. I am very excited to read this one. I ordered myself a copy off of Amazon this morning and it says I should expect it around the 10th so in the meantime I will probably also read this month's runner up, the graphic novel version of Bram Stoker's Bram Stoker's Dracula by Roy Thomas. I absolutely love getting to read some great horror stories and scary books this time of year. Can't wait to hear what everyone has to say about it! Happy haunting everyone!

I got my copy in the mail today! Can't wait to get started!

Woo!! This book is way darker than I thought! It's a good read so far though.

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) It's pretty dark, but very good. I would say disturbing horror is a good descriptor. For me I felt really intrigued how a lot of the horror and stuff comes from the human characters and almost less so from anything supernatural.

Nikki (Nyx) wrote: "It's pretty dark, but very good. I would say disturbing horror is a good descriptor. For me I felt really intrigued how a lot of the horror and stuff comes from the human characters and almost less..."

Completely agree. To tell you the truth, I had no idea this book had anything to do with Vampires. I read the synopsis ages ago and thought I remembered what it was about but apparently I had this confused with something else and just thought this was a murder mystery type thing. Once I figured that out, everything made sense, but you are 100% correct. The humans in this book are way more messed up and sad than Eli. At least that's what I'm gathering from the first 200 pages haha. It is a great read though! Definitely a great pre-Halloween read!

Kandice wrote: "I loved this book! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Awesome!! I'm actually planning on donating my copy to the local library when I am finished with it because of it being so hard to find! Great Review! I didn't read some of the end of it though in case of spoilers haha. I'm almost finished with it! I'm hoping to finish today actually!

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Kandice wrote: "I loved this book! https://www.goodreads.com/review/show..."

Awesome review!

Kandice Why, thank you! I really, really loved that book. I'd like to buy it.

message 10: by Lisa (new) - rated it 5 stars

Kandice wrote: "Why, thank you! I really, really loved that book. I'd like to buy it."

It's a good one! I just finished last night! I really enjoyed it!

Nikki ~ The Nocturnal Bookworm (nyxreadsstuff) Apparently one of the short stories in Let the Old Dreams Die Oskar and Eli are characters and from the blurb "we get a glimpse of what happened next to the pair. Has anyone else read it? Or have plans to read it. I am really curious what happened to them after the end of the book, and even if it's just a minor part of the short story I think it would still be cool to read.