2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Monster in the Closet (Romantic Suspense, #19; Baltimore, #5)
This topic is about Monster in the Closet
Monster in the Closet > Question K

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
Frederick Dawson, Taylor’s stepfather, sacrificed his and his daughter’s lives to “protect” Taylor from Clay, essentially taking them off the grid. Would you have expected him to be more bitter? Possibly resent Taylor as one of his daughters died as a consequence of the isolated lifestyle enforced on them?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Was his character too good to be true? I cannot imagine believing that he had to go off grid, especially if it put anyone at risk. As smart as he was supposed to be, I had a hard time with him not investigating Clay independently.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7619 comments Mod
That’s a good point, Charlene. With his resources, it would have been easier to investigate Clay.

He seemed like a really decent man who was really in love with this woman.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments It is really hard to believe that such a smart guy bought Donna's line so completely. I get being totally in love with her, sort of, but to the extent that he put his own family into what was basically Witness Protection without doing any independent research is a bit much to believe. The very lest he should have done was hire his own PI to check Clay out.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 52 comments There was a lot of suspension of belief and plot holes in this one. For two intelligent men, Clay and Frederick sure got played by Donna.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 213 comments Agree. KR made Dawson a smart guy, then had him do these unbelievable moves. I don't buy it. Just the same, it didn't ruin the story for me.