2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Monster in the Closet (Romantic Suspense, #19; Baltimore, #5)
This topic is about Monster in the Closet
Monster in the Closet > Question F

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
Why did Denny let Gage know that Jazzie might have seen him and put that child at risk?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments No idea. What do others think?

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
At first I thought he believed it would be the motivation for Gage to leave town. He didn’t know they weren’t Gage’s biological children and probably couldn’t imagine he’d harm them. And, he was still competing for his mother’s attention and favor. With Gage out of the way, more Mom time for him.

Best I could come up with.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 818 comments I agree. I think that Denny just wanted Gage gone, but I have no idea why he put himself and his family in such danger just to gain Mommy-Dearest's complete attention.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments The family dynamics were certainly skewed (understatement).

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 52 comments He just wanted Gage gone and thought that by telling him he may have been seen by one of the kids he thought Gage would run like he has done previously. He was only thinking of himself and his own family but unfortunately for him it backfired big time. Now he has to worry about Gage threatening his own family. In a perverse way he got what he deserved being so uncaring about what happened to Valerie and the children. Their mother is also a selfish person, not a very admirable family is an understatement.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 214 comments Gage underestimated Denny's response in his attempt to get rid of Denny. Gage called his bluff and Denny lost.