2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Monster in the Closet (Romantic Suspense, #19; Baltimore, #5)
This topic is about Monster in the Closet
Monster in the Closet > Question B

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
Why do you think Donna Dawson would have perpetuated this lie for so long, especially after her husband decided to isolate the family?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments Maybe her pathology caused her to believe her own lies???

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7591 comments Mod
I wish we’d learned more about her. It was positioned that this first lie was so big with huge consequences that she had to sustain it. This had to have created such unhealthiness in her mind and spirit.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments She was a really selfish *&^%$. She wanted Sienna all to herself and did not want to share her with Clay. I have a tough time believing that her psychosis didn't manifest itself in other areas of her life too.

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments We really didn't get a picture of their early relationship much, did we?

Anita (anitanodiva) | 817 comments She used Clay for revenge sex, got pregnant and her parents forced her to marry Clay. I don't blame her for feeling trapped with few options, but how she chose to deal with her situation was absolutely horrible. There is nothing that would make me think this was a decent person.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 52 comments Mental health issues for sure.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 212 comments I agree with everyone. Donna had serious mental health issues compounded with her selfish behavior. She needed Sienna to put her first and the lies helped with that goal.

I also thought that Donna was afraid that Clay would bond with Sienna in a way that she couldn't. Her lies prevented that from happening.

I wish we had a little more background on Donna too.