2-3-4 Challenge Book Discussions #1 discussion

Monster in the Closet (Romantic Suspense, #19; Baltimore, #5)
This topic is about Monster in the Closet
Monster in the Closet > Question A

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
Taylor decides to first check out Clay by secretly working at the horse farm after she learned of her mother’s lies. Did you understand why she would have taken this precaution?

Charlene (charlenethestickler) | 1379 comments I'm not sure that this was as strong a move as it might have been because Taylor loves her stepfather to the nth degree. Of course, learning of her mother's lies would make her curious to know about her biological dad.

Jonetta (ejaygirl) | 7625 comments Mod
At first I didn’t quite get why but then thought about how her whole, entire life was built on her mother’s lies. Human nature would have her reevaluate her truths but not necessarily abandon all those safeguards and erected walls overnight. It made sense that she’d want to judge for herself what kind of man Clay really was.

Anita (anitanodiva) | 818 comments Agree, Jonetta. I wasn't surprised that she wanted the opportunity to observe Clay before she revealed herself. This was a really big step for her. She finds out that the man she thought was a monster for her entire life was not only not a monster but an honorable man.

Lisa - (Aussie Girl) | 52 comments I agree with Jonetta. It is revealed early on that Taylor's (Sienna) mother must have had mental health issues and smothered her daughter in the belief she was keeping her "safe" and told straight out lies about Clay. It makes sense that she would have been guarded about meeting her biological father with that background.

Sharon Kallenberger Marzola | 214 comments I understand her decision. She didn't feel comfortable with what was true and what was a lie. She probably felt there was some of the lies were based on truth and needed to find out for herself who Clay was.