Kindle British Mystery Book Club discussion

The Devil's Work
This topic is about The Devil's Work
Book Club Selection > October 2017 Value Read - The Devil's Work by Mark Edwards

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

David Gooch | 3976 comments Mod
The Devil's Work, by Mark Edwards

It was the job she had dreamed of since childhood. But on her very first day, when an unnerving encounter drags up memories Sophie Greenwood would rather forget, she wonders if she has made a mistake. A fatal mistake.

What is her ambitious young assistant really up to? And what exactly happened to Sophie’s predecessor? When her husband and daughter are pulled into the nightmare, Sophie is forced to confront the darkest secrets she has carried for years.

As her life begins to fall apart at work and at home, Sophie must race to uncover the truth about her new job…before it kills her.

Discussion Leader - Beth Stewart

Sandy *The world could end while I was reading and I would never notice* (sandyj21) I read this last month. It is a really good read, and I look forward to discussing it with you all.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 558 comments Will be starting this one in the next day or two. Sounds promising!

Beth Stewart | 568 comments I was disappointed in this one. Too many implausibles and I couldn't identify with the sniveling main character.

David Gooch | 3976 comments Mod
I'm with you Beth not as good as I thought it would be. I also thought that just over half way it was plainly obvious who was behind it. Then a couple of things that just seemed implausible.

AngryGreyCat (angrygreycatreads) | 558 comments As soon as I started reading this I realized that I had already read it last year some time as a NetGalley. I really liked it at the time, but I can't really remember the specifics. I remember some of the plot. I did remember that the main character was whiny, but it wasn't enough to turn me off of the book.

message 7: by Maria (new) - added it

Maria (marialuc) | 19 comments I had a hard time putting this down. I liked it. The ending was a surprise.