Obsessed with True Crime discussion

note: This topic has been closed to new comments.
Archive > Calling All Librarian Sleuths!

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11858 comments While reading My Brother Peter: Murder or Suicide?, I saw several mentions of a book the author apparently does not want me to read. She says she found it horrifying. A retired Mountie -- no name given -- published this book in French, through a Quebec publishing house with a cheesy reputation. No title, no publishing-house name. It came out sometime in the early- to mid-1970s (I believe she said the author died in 1976). Every chapter was devoted to a different street drug and its deleterious effects. Full of hideous crime-scene photos, apparently.

Is there any way on the green earth to find the title and author of this book? I would LOVE to add it to our TC shelves and, of course, read it myself.

message 2: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11858 comments *bump*

message 3: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1264 comments Don't know, but I'll see if I can do some searching later...

message 4: by Fishface (new)

Fishface | 11858 comments I'd appreciate it. I wouldn't even know where to start.

message 5: by K.A. (new)

K.A. Krisko (kakrisko) | 1264 comments So far I've searched for 1970s Quebec publishers with no promising results, and for books written by RCMP officers, also with no promising results (but I've discovered that Mountie Fiction is a Thing!). Have to think some more...

This topic has been frozen by the moderator. No new comments can be posted.