The YA Book Club discussion

Reading Buddies > I need a reading buddy

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments Hi! I really need a reading buddy. I've never done this before but I want to try.

If ther is anyone like me just comment that. I am thinking about CITY OF BONES or GIRL ON TRAIN. I will read whatever you want, I don't have problems whit that.
That is all for now.😍✌📚✒

message 2: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments I've literally just joined, so don't really know what it is either... I'm happy to try! I've read city of bones, always happy to read it again though, but never read girl on the train? Let me know!

message 3: by ✨ Husnah ✨ (new)

✨ Husnah ✨ | 7 comments Hello there, I've never buddy read before and I'm not sure how it really works but I'm willing to give it a try. I've been trying to start The Mortals Instruments for some time, so I'm game for City of Bones.

message 4: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments So City of Bones is it. When shall we start?
Are you ok with that we are 3 reading buddies?

message 5: by ✨ Husnah ✨ (new)

✨ Husnah ✨ | 7 comments I'm okay with that. :) When do we start?

message 6: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments Sounds good to me too... I'm happy to start whenever x

message 7: by ✨ Husnah ✨ (new)

✨ Husnah ✨ | 7 comments Decide when you're going to start. Right now I'm going to bed it's 00:55.. :) It would be better if we talk by messages though, just saying..

message 8: by Jade (new)

Jade Browne (jadeb248) | 41 comments A reading buddy would be so fun! I like reading happy fiction!

message 9: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments Yeah I agree, we can talk more tomorrow x

message 10: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments So I sugest that we start on Friday. Are you ok with that?

message 11: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments Yep I'm fine with that x

message 12: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments Great! I don't know how this works but we can talk about our favorite quotes, events, heroes,...
So we start reading on Friday. Are you in?

message 13: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments I'm in, should we read a certain amount a day? X

message 14: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments It doesn't matter. As you wish, if you have exam and you don't have time you can read less. If you want, you can read more. We will talk about chapters that we all have read.

message 15: by ✨ Husnah ✨ (new)

✨ Husnah ✨ | 7 comments Sounds good. Friday it is.. :)

message 16: by molly (new)

molly (molsfairytale) | 10 comments I just ordered city of bones and I’m really excited to start reading it!

message 17: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments I read up to chapter 3 x

message 18: by Ze (new)

Ze | 3 comments sadly I can't participate! I am going to reread the hole mortal instruments in 2018 with my friends!
but it is fine! anyone who won't read COB what do you think, since it is October, to buddy read spooky-ish vibe books? if any body is interested let me know!

message 19: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments I am on 8th chapter. Where are you?

message 20: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments I've just finished chapter 12 x

message 21: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments I liked it when Clary slapped Jace because of those 10%. He is slowly falling in love with her but he doesn't know that. What do you think?

message 22: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments Yeah I mean you can see how he is slowly changing how he acts towards her, and the others can see it too, Simon and Alec especially

message 23: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments Totally. I think they are meant to be. Although I think that Simon is very jealous and sad when he sees that he has no effect on this and can't tell how he feels about Clary. I think that Clary has no idea about that.

message 24: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments Yeah it's just that situation where everyone can see it but she can't, and not necessarily because she's oblivious to it, but just because it has never occurred to her that Simon could feel anything more than friendship for her, because they are just the best of friends.

message 25: by Nezka (new)

Nezka | 10 comments I agree. He is always there for her, like Simon but she wants to find her mother so much that she doesn't see it. But Simon will be fine, he's got Izzy. Jace is the one who is gonna be sad when he will find out that Clary love Simon (you know like a friend). And there is Alec too. He is so in love with Jace. But Jace sees only Clary.

message 26: by Eliza (new)

Eliza | 10 comments It's happening with so many people, and when Jace says to Clary "I was laughing at you because declarations of love amuse me, especially when unrequited", he is mocking Clary for not noticing Simon's love, whilst he is still so oblivious to Alec's. And the same with Jocelyn and Luke, as Hodge tells Clary, but is seen even more in the later books, it mimics exactly Clary and Simon

message 27: by Skye (new)

Skye (skye123) | 20 comments I’m reading city of bones now! Wanna be reading buddies?