Beta Reader Group discussion

PAID services requested > I need copy editor/proofreader for my sci-fi comedy

Comments Showing 1-6 of 6 (6 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by [deleted user] (new)

I am looking for a professional copy editor/proofreader for my manuscript Welcome to Nothing. It is 71,000 words and I am willing to pay $5 per $1000 words or $350 for the project.

If you would please send me your experience (website is fine) as well as a sample edit in order to know that I am getting a good match. The sample edit will be provided in a link once you inquire.

The book is a philosophical sci-fi​ comedy about a scientist named Francis A. Goddard who creates two transhumans to find the truth behind nature​ vs. nurture. Together the two transhumans, Spoon and Fork, are abruptly thrown into a confusing world that is constantly being watched by Francis, who has another, more sinister plan in mind for the two.

message 2: by Cimone (new)

Cimone Watson | 93 comments I just sent you a message.

message 3: by M. L. (new)

M. L. Everidge (mleveridge) | 33 comments Hello, Matt! I've sent you a message as well.

message 4: by Alex (last edited Oct 02, 2017 11:07PM) (new)

Alex (asato) Have you checked out the Editorial Freelancers Association the-efa.org? They have a marketplace of professional editors and you can list your job there.

message 5: by Silvia (new)

Silvia (drumgenie) | 162 comments Hi Matt,
Pretty sure you probably already found the right person for your manuscript, but if you haven't, please feel free to message me here, or check out my website: silviasreading.webs.com
Your manuscript sounds really interesting and something right up my alley, and I would love to talk to you further!
Best of luck!
Silvia

message 6: by TKSelbach13 (last edited Jul 30, 2019 06:33PM) (new)

TKSelbach13 | 90 comments I have been working as an independent freelance editor for about 8 years. My clients have been very pleased with my work thus far and would certainly be happy to provide recommendations if needed.

I recently achieved my bachelor’s degree in Creative Writing, as well as accomplished a Study Abroad program with a focus in writing. I can provide a high attention to detail, the ability to think outside of the box, and an enthusiastic attitude that clients will find quite appealing.

Certifications: Bachelor's Degree in Creative Writing
Experience: 8 years of Beta Reading, 2 years of commission work
Rates: $0.05 per word.
Turnaround: 1-3 months

$5 – 100 words
$50 – 1,000 words
$500 – 10,000 words
$5000 – 100,000 words