The Sword and Laser discussion

The Strange Case of the Alchemist's Daughter (The Extraordinary Adventures of the Athena Club, #1)
Strange Case Alchemists Daughter > TSCotAD: Veronica, rest assured!

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Barak Raguan (shiningheart) | 40 comments Just finished listening to the latest episode of the podcast, where @Veronica worried that her October pick might be less fun than she currently wants or needs.
So rest assured, Veronica! I couldn't stop listening to the audiobook (an incredible performance by Kate Reading). It's such a good , exciting, fun romp!
An excellent pick in my humble opinion. Excellent adventure book inspired by gothic horror but hardly written in that style.

Robert Lee (harlock415) | 259 comments Yes!

Once you get used to the idea that the characters act comment on the narrative, it makes for a fun read. And Kate reading does a great job at it to. Really makes it fun to listen to.

message 3: by [deleted user] (new)

I kind of want to get the audio book after readying the first 25% of it. This book is delightful. It's dark, funny, and very well paced.

Stephen Richter (stephenofllongbeach) | 1327 comments I t hit me when listening to V.E. Schwab at a book signing. Schwab got in to fantasy by way of J.K. Rowling. I think this will be the trend, a new sub-genre "Whimsical Fantasy. "

Joseph Hager | 3 comments might be my favorite book I've listened to this year. I want the sequel now!!!!!

Joyce (eternity21) | 173 comments I'm finding the book a nice fun read or listen as I am doing it that. I agree once you figure out the narrative of the characters it is fine.

terpkristin | 4142 comments Joseph wrote: "might be my favorite book I've listened to this year. I want the sequel now!!!!!"

Ditto!

Emma (coffee_addict) | 64 comments terpkristin wrote: "Joseph wrote: "might be my favorite book I've listened to this year. I want the sequel now!!!!!"

Ditto!"

Same! (Is ditto ditto a thing?)

Lena Thank you for the pick Veronica. I enjoyed it and likely would not have picked it up myself, I would have thought it too gimmicky.
https://www.goodreads.com/review/show...