The Catholic Book Club discussion

Under an orange sky (Solar System, #1)
This topic is about Under an orange sky
Under an Orange Sky > 1. How did you experience the book?

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

John Seymour | 1888 comments Mod
1. How did you experience the book?

Fonch | 1264 comments I felt fascinated, when iread this novel the author described Mars as well, that i had the impression that he had been in Mars. In a next conversation he regret not describing the blue dawn in Mars, and i reminded that i said to him but Mr. Alfonseca you are doing a hard work. It was very dificult to describe Mars, better than him. The descriptions of Mars are realistic and believable especially Olympus Mount, and Valley Marinelli. When i read i discover a marevellous, fantastic, and touching story, and i discover an author with a big sense of morality. I love the integrity of his characters in a postmodern, where there are not good and evils. I preffer the stories of my friend Alfonseca. I am fed up of the political ambicious of other novels, and other ideologies.

I very much enjoyed it. My only regret was that it wasn't longer. I got into the story right away and raced through it.

I agree with Fonch that the descriptions of Mars came across quite well.

I meant to add that what I enjoy about Manuel Alfonsca's books are the way they combine an interesting and enjoyable story with interesting, thought-provoking, ideas.

Fonch | 1264 comments John wrote: "I very much enjoyed it. My only regret was that it wasn't longer. I got into the story right away and raced through it.

I agree with Fonch that the descriptions of Mars came across quite well."

John i totally agree with you. The only thing that i regret being that the book was too short. I would have liked much more. But this thing has a positive thing, that the author increase our interest for knowing more of the characters and the plot.