Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > Help Me Please??

Comments Showing 1-12 of 12 (12 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Cait (new)

Cait (tigercait) | 5005 comments Julian, the Goodreads Librarians group is an inappropriate place for group advertisements.

message 2: by Lisa (last edited Aug 07, 2009 05:15PM) (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Hi Julian,

Nor is the Feedback group the proper place, where you also posted. These 2 groups are for Goodreads' business only, not members' personal business.

I see that you're fairly new to Goodreads and have not made many friends yet. First, you might ask some of your real world friends to join, and also ask them to join your group, Then, I see you haven't joined/participated in many groups yet. My recommendation is to join a group or two that interests you and participate by posting messages there. Then, as you get to know the site more, you might find your own group will grow. Best wishes and have fun here.

message 3: by Bluedaizy (last edited Aug 07, 2009 05:25PM) (new)

Bluedaizy | 5 comments Lisa wrote: "Hi Julian,

Nor is the Feedback group the proper place, where you also posted. These 2 groups are for Goodreads' business only, not members' personal business.

I see that you're fairly new to Good..."

Well done, Lisa! Very well said and constructive. :)

Later edit: Wowsa...I was just checking some of my other groups and Julian has posted there, too! egads!

message 4: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Julian, re what Bluedaizy said: there are over 2 million members here. Most groups/members do not want ads about groups; we consider those posts to be spam. It's best to participate and hang around the site, and you'll learn what's ok to post and what will irk other members.

message 5: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Bluedaizy and All, Of course, if Julian has posted in many groups, my guess is Julian will not be back to check all their threads. Julian, if you return and see this, it would be best if you deleted at least your Goodreads Feedback and Goodreads Librarian posts about your group, and in the other groups it might be good to post another message saying you're still learning about this site and didn't know posting about your group was not necessarily the best way to get members.

message 6: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments At least they'll get the email ntofication- that will probably help him come to see the comments. Good guying on the explaining guys!

message 7: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments What was that if you don't mind my asking?

message 8: by Melody (new)

Melody (runningtune) | 13258 comments She's continuing to post the "help me build the biggest group" message in other groups' discussions.

message 9: by Eva Marie (new)

Eva Marie (evamarie3578) | 755 comments They're right Julian. You should respect peoples wishes, people make groups for reasons but it seems like only the very young people make groups for no reason at all. How can anyone take you seriously with that? You posted here which means you didn't care WHO you get in the group and then you take offense when people try to help you.
I know from experience, EVERYONE is VERY helpful here, NO ONE is trying to gang up on you. But the way you're going the only people you'll get and keep in your group are other VERY, VERY young people and maybe not even a good amount of them.
Maybe you should try taking advice instead of getting mad? It might help.
And you can be kicked out of groups, just FYI, and a lot of groups will do that if you get annoying and don't follow rules- the rules are there for everyone.

message 10: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 41704 comments Mod
Julian, if you continue to post spam, it will be deleted. And if we get enough complaints, you could get banned.

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa Vegan (lisavegan) | 2409 comments Rivka and All, It's going in that direction from what I've seen in other groups.

message 12: by mlady_rebecca (new)

mlady_rebecca | 593 comments For a "little kid" he also has a public profile. Not following the rules in that either.