New Canadian Library and other Canadian Lit Challenge discussion

Authors to be considered > Please post here nominations

Comments Showing 1-9 of 9 (9 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Tracey (new)

Tracey (traceyrb) | 237 comments Mod
Please post here Canadian authors you would like to read and discuss in this group. You can also nominate specific novels by them or leave that open. Each month one of the moderators will choose an author and set up a poll of up to 4 of their works for the group members to vote on. If an author does not have several works in print then the moderator may choose several authors of similar genre or time period.
Members may nominate as many as they wish and as often as they like. This will be ongoing. The more the merrier.

message 2: by Tracey (new)

I am considering Grey owl for Feburary's read.

The books to be considered are Pilgrims Of The Wild or Tales of an Empty Cabin and am setting up a poll for this. The author for March will be chosen by Melanie.

message 3: by Tara (last edited Jan 27, 2018 04:11PM) (new)

Tara Million How about M. J. Vassanji? Id be interested in reading 'Nostalgia' by him. Or something else would be fine too.

message 4: by Tracey (new)

We have yet to choose a book for June and will consider this author. Thanks for posting.

message 5: by Tara (new)

Tara Million Tracey wrote: "We have yet to choose a book for June and will consider this author. Thanks for posting."

Thanks Tracey!

BTW, I just wanted to say that I really like the upcoming selections for the next few months and I LOVE that you've got them posted with dates on the upcoming reads bookshelf. Makes it so easy for me to follow along and keep track of what we're reading.

message 6: by Tracey (new)

Tara wrote: "Tracey wrote: "We have yet to choose a book for June and will consider this author. Thanks for posting."

Thanks Tracey!

BTW, I just wanted to say that I really like the upcoming selections for t..."

Thanks Tara. :)

message 7: by Tracey (new)

Tara wrote: "Tracey wrote: "We have yet to choose a book for June and will consider this author. Thanks for posting."

Thanks Tracey!

BTW, I just wanted to say that I really like the upcoming selections for t..."

If you would like I can set up a thread for you to post in as you work through your 12 books in 12 months; similar to mine from last year

https://www.goodreads.com/topic/show/...

message 8: by Tara (new)

Tara Million Tracey wrote: "Tara wrote: "Tracey wrote: "We have yet to choose a book for June and will consider this author. Thanks for posting."

Thanks Tracey!

BTW, I just wanted to say that I really like the upcoming sel..."

Thanks for the offer, but I think for now I will just stick with posting in the discussion areas for each book as we read them. If I change my mind, though, I'll let you know. :)

message 9: by G. (last edited Mar 07, 2018 07:19AM) (new)

G. Barton-Sinkia Hi Tracey,
Not sure if this you all are interested but I'm publishing my first novel, By The Next Pause, June 20, 2018. I noticed that you are looking for a Canadian book to read for June. If you all are still looking, might I suggest my novel? I've attached info about my book for you to review.
All the best!
G
By The Next Pause by G. Barton-Sinkia