Space Opera Fans discussion

Trading in Danger (Vatta's War, #1)
This topic is about Trading in Danger
Book and Author of the Month > October 2017 - READER - Trading in Danger

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Betsy | 883 comments Mod
Our Reader Pick for October 2017 is Trading in Danger by Elizabeth Moon. Please use this thread to post questions, comments, and reviews, at any time.

message 2: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teresa Carrigan | 2395 comments Mod
I have read this several times, and have read the full War series at least twice. I haven't read any of the Peace series yet. I'm currently rereading Trading in Danger.

The book doesn't meet our criteria for YA but it has a feel similar to YA and New Adult books. There's a heckuva lot of coincidence in the plot, however Real Life has coincidences. Someone that young and inexperienced getting a captain slot? Well yeah because her family owns the line. Rollicking fun action.

message 3: by Laz (new) - rated it 5 stars

Laz the Sailor (laz7) | 207 comments I really enjoyed this series. I gave me a new appreciation for fruit cake.

Lizzie | 293 comments Laz wrote: "I really enjoyed this series. I gave me a new appreciation for fruit cake."

Wish mine had her ingredients.

message 5: by Teresa, Plan B is in Effect (new) - rated it 4 stars

Teresa Carrigan | 2395 comments Mod
Finished rereading first two of the series. There are so many good parts.....

Betsy | 883 comments Mod
I've read this several times and enjoyed it, but haven't been able to get back to it this month.

Mervi | 15 comments I listened this in July in audio and enjoyed it. I inted to continue with the series. I liked Ky herself and also her crew which were very protective of their new captain.

Matt While I thought the beginning of the book was a bit far fetched (and still think there is more to Ky's forced resignation than was explained), once she took command, I was hooked. I especially enjoyed the way Moon explained the complex and difficult decisions that Ky had to make. A decent story about the burden of command.

unread topics | mark unread

Books mentioned in this topic

Trading in Danger (other topics)

Authors mentioned in this topic

Elizabeth Moon (other topics)