Suspenseful Clues and Thrilling Reviews discussion

Buddy Reads

Comments Showing 1-50 of 71 (71 new)    post a comment »
« previous 1

message 1: by Chelsea (new)

Chelsea Humphrey (suspensethrill) | 260 comments Mod
This is a thread dedicated to those looking for a buddy to read a specific book of your choosing with. Please state the title and author of the book you are wishing to read, as well as the date in which you're wanting to start the book so that others can browse and connect with you. Best of luck and happy reading!

message 2: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 43 comments Chelsea wrote: "This is a thread dedicated to those looking for a buddy to read a specific book of your choosing with. Please state the title and author of the book you are wishing to read, as well as the date in ..."

Great idea Chelsea!! So many books to choose from though :D

message 3: by Michael (new)

Michael (book_nerd1991) | 1 comments Now you know how hard it is to pick ONE book lol.

message 4: by Chelsea (new)

Michael wrote: "Now you know how hard it is to pick ONE book lol."

Well I suppose it could be a list of books! Don't let me stifle your creativity! 😂🙌🏼📚

message 5: by Michelle (new)

Michelle Great idea!

message 6: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 43 comments Anyone up for reading Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell?

message 7: by Mackey (new)

Mackey (mackeylee) | 0 comments Eldon wrote: "Anyone up for reading Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell?"
It sounds great, I'm trying to find it locally.

message 8: by Eldon (new)

Eldon Farrell | 43 comments Mackey wrote: "Eldon wrote: "Anyone up for reading Interred With Their Bones by Jennifer Lee Carrell?"
It sounds great, I'm trying to find it locally."

Awesome Mackey!! Let me know if you find it :)

message 9: by debra (new)

debra | 6 comments What a wonderful idea, Chelsea!!!

message 10: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Frisch (belindafrisch) Anyone want to read WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE with me? It's free on Kindle.

Water Under the Bridge

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Under-Br...

message 11: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisag311) | 6 comments Belinda wrote: "Anyone want to read WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE with me? It's free on Kindle.

Water Under the Bridge

https://www.amazon.com/Water-Under-Br......"

I'll read it with you! I just downloaded it :)

message 12: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Frisch (belindafrisch) Lisa wrote: "Belinda wrote: "Anyone want to read WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE with me? It's free on Kindle.

Water Under the Bridge

GREAT! Can't wait.

message 13: by Camille (new)

Camille | 4 comments I'm starting Until I Met Her by Natalie Barelli today.

And if there's anyone who hasn't read The Surrogate lol I'll be starting that one next I think. It usually takes me about 3-4 days to get through a book depending on busy factor and the pizazz of the book 😉

If anyone wants to join me for either book, I would like that. Until I Met Her is the first of a series and there's one more that's currently out.

message 14: by La Tonya (last edited Nov 04, 2017 03:44PM) (new)

La Tonya  Jordan | 4 comments I am starting to read Salt Is Leaving by J.B. Priestley Salt Is Leaving today. If anyone wants to join me send me a message.

message 15: by Michael (last edited Nov 04, 2017 05:26PM) (new)

Michael (book_nerd1991) | 1 comments Camille wrote: "I'm starting Until I Met Her by Natalie Barelli today.

And if there's anyone who hasn't read The Surrogate lol I'll be starting that one next I think. It usually takes me about 3-4 days to get th..."

How long will it take you to read Until I met her? It looks really interesting, I don't mind buddy reading it but I have to request it first lol.

message 16: by Nadja (new)

Nadja [BücherRausch] (buecherrausch) | 1 comments Hey guys .. I would love to read Animal Farm by George Orwell this month. I would like to start on Friday, 11/10, and it would be amazing if someone joins me and discuss this book with me. Because I am going to read it in english (I am normally reading contemporary-ish books in that beautiful language), I am a little bit scared ;)

message 17: by Thelma (new)

Thelma Fountain | 136 comments Hey Guys I am currently reading Descent but should finish by Wednesday 11/08 since it is due back at the library that day. I intend to start " The Invisible Bridge " by Julie Orringer Thursday or Friday. I would love for someone to buddy read with me.

message 18: by Russ (new)

Russ | 1 comments Looking forward to reading Dragon Teeth by Michael Crichton! I plan to begin on Dec. 1 probably during a two week time period. If you're up for a buddy read, I think we create a few of different threads (beginning, middle, and end) so we can exchange comments as we go without spoiling the next section.

message 19: by Matt (last edited Nov 16, 2017 08:30AM) (new)

Matt (cybsdad) Having finished a book last night, I was thinking that I'd give Dark Matter by Blake Crouch a go. It's supposed to be an amazing thriller.
Does anyone else have this/want to BR this with me?

I have a couple of friends on this group (Chelsea for example) who has read and loved this book.

nb. i'd love to start reading this today.

message 20: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Frisch (belindafrisch) Lisa, what did you think about Water Under the Bridge? I finished it on vacation and am a little over halfway through book two. Kate & Jude entertain me.

message 21: by Jonetta (new)

Jonetta (ejaygirl) Matt wrote: "Having finished a book last night, I was thinking that I'd give Dark Matter by Blake Crouch a go. It's supposed to be an amazing thriller.

I hav..."

I read it, too, and really enjoyed it.

message 22: by TR (new)

TR | 42 comments Matt wrote: "Having finished a book last night, I was thinking that I'd give Dark Matter by Blake Crouch a go. It's supposed to be an amazing thriller.

I hav..."

Im reading it right now. On chapter 7 and its really good.

message 23: by Matt (new)

Matt (cybsdad) Jonetta wrote: "I read it, too, and really enjoyed it.
"

Ace, I can't wait!

message 24: by Matt (new)

Matt (cybsdad) TR wrote: "Im reading it right now. On chapter 7 and its really good."

Great! I'll pick it up after work tonight. I'll see if I can play catch up.

message 25: by TR (new)

TR | 42 comments Want me to stop so you can catch up?

message 26: by Matt (new)

Matt (cybsdad) Well, having just read 'Lincoln in the Bardo' I definitely need to give myself a hard-earned blockbuster read.
I'm thinking about giving the newest Jack Reacher book a go (The Midnight Line). Give me a heads up if anyone fancies BRing it with me.

message 27: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 9 comments I was going to start The Life We Bury this weekend or next week, anyone interested? It's for our library book club.

message 28: by Holly (new)

Holly  B Susan I just bought it and I would like to read with you!

message 29: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Frisch (belindafrisch) Oh dang! I have that one, too, Susan & Holly but I'll never get two done with the holidays. I'll be keeping an eye to see what you think.

message 30: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Frisch (belindafrisch) Lisa wrote: "Belinda wrote: "Anyone want to read WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE with me? It's free on Kindle.

Water Under the Bridge

Did you ever finish Water Under the Bridge, Lisa? What did you think? I'm finishing the second book now. I'll be shelving the third until after ONE OF US IS LYING.

message 31: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 9 comments Belinda wrote: "Oh dang! I have that one, too, Susan & Holly but I'll never get two done with the holidays. I'll be keeping an eye to see what you think."

Belinda, I read several books at once lol, I don't know how I get them read. LOL

message 32: by Lisa (new)

Lisa (lisag311) | 6 comments Belinda wrote: "Lisa wrote: "Belinda wrote: "Anyone want to read WATER UNDER THE BRIDGE with me? It's free on Kindle.

Water Under the Bridge

I enjoyed it. I'm not sure if I will continue the series. My review can be found here

message 33: by Belinda (new)

Belinda Frisch (belindafrisch) I tried to look. It says page not found. 😁

message 34: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 22 comments The Good Samaritan by John Marrs caught my eye from Jan. Poll & I was wondering if anybody would be up for a BR? I can start whenever, but was thinking next week. Just let me know and we can work out the details. 😀✌

message 35: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Stephanie wrote: "The Good Samaritan by John Marrs caught my eye from Jan. Poll & I was wondering if anybody would be up for a BR? I can start whenever, but was thinking next week. Just let me know and we can..."

That was a Kindle First selection. I nearly got it but I picked The Night of the Moths instead.

message 36: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 22 comments Kirsten wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "The Good Samaritan by John Marrs caught my eye from Jan. Poll & I was wondering if anybody would be up for a BR? I can start whenever, but was thinking next week. Just let ..."

Too bad 😒. I was hoping someone would want to BR this with me.

message 37: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 9 comments Stephanie

I would be, I won it with the goodreads giveaways

message 38: by Chelsea (new)

Kirsten wrote: "Stephanie wrote: "The Good Samaritan by John Marrs caught my eye from Jan. Poll & I was wondering if anybody would be up for a BR? I can start whenever, but was thinking next week. Just let ..."

I would love to read this one Stephanie! I’m trying to get my house set back up as we just moved, but I could start next week if that’s not too late? Of course if you need to start earlier no worries.

message 39: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Let me know when you want to start. I'd love to try it too!

message 40: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 22 comments I can start whenever. I'm in no hurry at all. Just let me know the earliest you can start and we can pick a date that works for everybody.

message 41: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 9 comments I can start when you ladies are ready

message 42: by Chelsea (new)

Kirsten wrote: "Let me know when you want to start. I'd love to try it too!"

Sry Kristen just now seeing this was originally your request! Sounds like we have a nice group together ready to read it!

message 43: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) I don't think it was my request. I came in later.

message 44: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) Wasn't it Stephanie?

message 45: by Chelsea (new)

Kirsten wrote: "Wasn't it Stephanie?"

Oh ok gotya! And sry that my autocorrect changed you from Kirsten to Kristen! 😩 Not my day today! Haha!

message 46: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) More Kristens in this country. If I lived in Scandinavia that'd be different. There are so many different spellings. In some countries, it's Kjiersten

message 47: by Susan (new)

Susan (superbookfreak) | 9 comments The more the merrier on the buddy read of the book

message 48: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) You bet!

message 49: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie | 22 comments Its always better with more people! So I think Chelsea said she was good to start next week & everyone said whenever so how does like the 26th or 27th sound? We can always go later or earlier...

message 50: by Kirsten (new)

Kirsten  (kmcripn) That's fine for me. I'm very flexible.

« previous 1