Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Mockingjay (The Hunger Games, #3)
This topic is about Mockingjay
Page Numbering Requests > Wrong CD Count for Audio Book

Comments Showing 1-5 of 5 (5 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

Lori Goldstein | 37 comments When I went to add this "Book" it said Audio CD, Unabridged, 448 pages.

The library edition I have has 10 CD's and no actual page count.

From previous things I've seen about audio books an actual pages count isn't listed and you can use the most popular hardback edition which I believe is only 390 pages.

Please correct as I just started this book and would like to make correct page additions when applicable.

Thank you for your quick response

message 2: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Lori wrote: "From previous things I've seen about audio books an actual pages count isn't listed and you can use the most popular hardback edition which I believe is only 390"

AFAIK that is not official policy. We use the number of hours rounded up. Is there no playing time listed on the CDS?

Lori Goldstein | 37 comments lethe wrote: "Lori wrote: "From previous things I've seen about audio books an actual pages count isn't listed and you can use the most popular hardback edition which I believe is only 390"

AFAIK that is not of..."

I don't know what AFAIK. And yes there is a time length of 11 hrs 41 minutes but no "Page count" listed on the box the CD's are in.

Usually audio books on Good Reads are listed with number of CD's. However the number listed on Good Reads that matches ISBN:9780545101424 is not what my library edition has nor is there any actual page count on the library's container.

message 4: by lethe (new)

lethe | 13747 comments Lori wrote: "I don't know what AFAIK. And yes there is a time length of 11 hrs 41 minutes but no "Page count" listed on the box the CD's are in.

Usually audio books on Good Reads are listed with number of CD's."

AFAIK = as far as I know

Perhaps number of CDs was used in the past (someone had changed the number of CDs to a print page count on this one), but the Librarian Manual is quite clear:
"For audio books, the number of hours rounded up should be used in lieu of number of pages, when that information is known."
https://www.goodreads.com/help/show/2...

I corrected the page count to 12 (number of hours rounded up) and added the exact time to the description.

Lori Goldstein | 37 comments lethe wrote: "Lori wrote: "I don't know what AFAIK. And yes there is a time length of 11 hrs 41 minutes but no "Page count" listed on the box the CD's are in.

Usually audio books on Good Reads are listed with n..."

Thank you for teaching me a new abbreviation AFAIK and also making the necessary correction.

Have a good weekend.