BookLovers discussion

General Chat

Comments Showing 1-8 of 8 (8 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Ian (last edited Sep 29, 2017 06:12AM) (new)

Ian If you want to chat about everyday life, plots in books,funny anecdotes or anything in general then.... this is the place to be.
The more comments the better (good taste only, please).
Enjoy!

message 2: by Susan (new)

Susan | 13 comments Hi Ian, thank you for the invite. Looking forward to chatting about books with you all.

message 3: by Ian (new)

Ian Hi Susan - great to have you on board!

Had a strange experience yesterday.
Have a look at my pic on profile.......taken on hols in Greece last week.....munching on the kebab.
Bought myself a treadmill the other day to lose a bit of weight after 5 years of doing nothing.
Lasted 15 mins on a really low setting, then stopped. Thought I was going to die!!!!!
Will get there in the end, but believe me, books are a far easier pastime. On the road to recovery.....lol.

message 4: by Susan (new)

Susan | 13 comments Perhaps audiobooks are a good idea, Ian? They might take your mind off the fact you are suffering ;)

message 5: by Ian (new)

Ian Hi Susan

I forgot to say that:

a) Please invite a few members on your "Friends" list if you think that they might be interested in making contributions to this group.
My idea was to try and get about 15 people interested who would be keen to take part.

b) Just go ahead and add new "discussion boards" if you think of anything that might generate more interest from people.

Ta.

message 6: by Susan (new)

Susan | 13 comments Is this a UK based group, or do you have members from around the world? I am happy to invite friends, although I can't promise they will take up the invitation, but I would like to know the type of members you are looking for.

message 7: by Ian (new)

Ian I was thinking Uk based but doesn't really matter as long as they would be prepared to contribute....about books.

message 8: by Susan (new)

Susan | 13 comments OK, I will try my best.