Charlaine Harris Book/Show Group discussion

True Blood > First Images of Queen Sophie-Ann played by...

Comments Showing 1-33 of 33 (33 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 2: by Jessica `~Blahyze~` (last edited Aug 07, 2009 06:17PM) (new)

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` Looks pretty good...though I imagined Sophie-Anne a little differently but she looks like she play her well (even if she isnt what I imagined)

message 3: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) Eh...Gah! In the book shes supposed to look 15! Wood does not look 15.SophieAnne is quiet and calculating cold. Wood looks bold and flirty. She looks like theres going to be some sexual issues with her. SophieAnne wasnt sexual, she had a secret lusting for whatshisbutt.

message 4: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Hmmm...I have a lot of respect for Evan Rachel Wood, but based on these pictures of her in the role of Sophie-Ann LeClerq, she kind of looks like Ann Margaret. It's not exactly how I'd pictured the queen from the books. I wonder how she'll be portrayed in the show; it should be surprising.

message 5: by Kenna (last edited Aug 07, 2009 08:53PM) (new)

Kenna (kennas) Danielle Panabaker should have been Sophie-Anne
http://i15.tinypic.com/4vedhz9.jpg

And since I ws never able to get into the last who would you cast thread...

Antonio Cupo as Claude. Can we say yum?
http://lh3.ggpht.com/condegerald/SLWo...
or
http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p2...

Kristen Johnston was always Claudine in my mind while I was reading. Thats just who popped into my head at the description.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_vj2e1m7Hlgw...
or
http://images.google.com/imgres?imgur...

Jessica  `~Blahyze~` Yes.. we can say YUM!

message 7: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments i totally agree with cupo as claude...but im not to sure about johnston. i was picturing someone more graceful i think.

message 8: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) What a beautiful Sophie. To bad such a terrible fate awaits her.

message 9: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Whoa, way too sex-pot for Sophie Anne. The way Sookie describes her, I always imagine someone impeccable in her elegance. Very regal. Those would be good pics for Artie from the Dark Hunter series though!

Good call on referring to these images as Ann Margaret-esque.

Kenna, nice pic for Sophie. She's closer to my imagining. Whew, that guy you chose for Claude...not my imagining but wow is he hot!

message 10: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Whoa, way too sex-pot for Sophie Anne. The way Sookie describes her, I always imagine someone impeccable in her elegance. Very regal. Those would be good pics for Artie from the Dark Hunter series ..."

im agreeing with the sex-potish theory. i pictured her more as a a child. acting similar to a geisha. slow movements very traditional and polite.

message 11: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Oh, Evan Rachel Wood already has it.

message 12: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Oh yes thats right. I remember now. Perphaps I should have said I wonder how Rachel Wood will portay Sophie Anne?

message 13: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Jessica wrote: "Looks pretty good...though I imagined Sophie-Anne a little differently but she looks like she play her well (even if she isnt what I imagined)
"

I agree!

message 14: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) I see Sophie Anne as a 15 year old peasant girl with black hair. Well dressed,and groomed. With the buissines acumen of a women runnig a major corporation.

message 15: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Kenna wrote: "Danielle Panabaker should have been Sophie-Anne
http://i15.tinypic.com/4vedhz9.jpg

And since I ws never able to get into the last who would you cast thread...

Antonio Cupo as Claude. Can w..."

Yes Antonio Cupo would be hot.

message 16: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Danielle Panabaker is too sweet to be Sophie-Anne. Evan Rachel has that look. Danielle Panabaker should have been BELLA in Twilight, I think.

message 17: by Ranata (new)

Ranata Clark (thatchicknata) Cary wrote: " I see Sophie Anne as a 15 year old peasant girl with black hair. Well dressed,and groomed. With the buissines acumen of a women runnig a major corporation."

Yes and Evan Rachel Wood does not embody that imagine to me either but she's vampirey looking. We already know the books are being referred to in the show so...there ya go!

message 18: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Well I guess since they have made their choice I will just see how Rachel Wood plays the role.

message 19: by Amy (new)

Amy (signgirlamy) | 5 comments Ranata wrote: "Danielle Panabaker is too sweet to be Sophie-Anne. Evan Rachel has that look. Danielle Panabaker should have been BELLA in Twilight, I think."

That would have been a great idea. Danielle Panabaker seems really sweet and way more intelligent than Kristen Stewart... although that's not saying much

message 20: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 73 comments MORE NEW PICS....

APPARENTLY BILL AND THE QUEEN LIKE TO TAN? I'm guessing artificial light
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/84...

http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/50...

message 21: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) lol, all I can think about is Morticia Addams "moontanning"

message 22: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Why is Bill chilling with her Royalness? Maybe it's a flashback? chilling

message 23: by Ann aka Iftcan (last edited Aug 26, 2009 05:23PM) (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) Hey--Bill is her puppy dog--FETCH me a telepath, now. Write me a program showing all the vamps in the world with everything known about them. Chop, chop, hurry up.

message 24: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Moontanning. Lol.

Love the shorts. And flip flops. My goodness.

That set looks great.

Sophie Ann IS very Ann Margaret looking. Has anyone seen a clip with her talking? Does she put on a french accent?

message 25: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) Theres the trailer that was posted around comic con time with her saying "care to join me?" while shes sucking on that person she was...sucking on. Yeah. Sounds like American English to me.

message 26: by Cary (new)

Cary (Vortigern) Bill is chilling with her royalness because he is like the James Bond of vampires. He is a secret agent of the Queen. Not only is he crafty and resourceful. He is intelligent enough to write a computer program in his spare time that has a data base of all the vampires in the world. Where does it say he was ordered to write this program for the queen. I just remember Bill being real occupied with writing it. So please find me the book and page where it says the queen ordered Bill to write a computer program. Cheers :)

message 27: by Ann aka Iftcan (new)

Ann aka Iftcan (iftcan) I inferred it, since she was VERY upset that he hadn't made it to a meeting with her about it. I think it said that he'd "mentioned" his idea about doing it and that she ordered him to finish it up. She could see that it was going to be a HUGE money maker for whoever controlled the program. That's part of why Loreena came into the picture with the King of Mississippi. (And, btw--I really wish MS had had a better King. I'm going to start a write in campaign to Charlaine to have BUBBA made the King of MS. :oP)

message 28: by The Flooze (new)

The Flooze (the_flooze) Bubba. Lol. Isn't he already king enough!

message 29: by Nicole (new)

Nicole (nlojeda) | 471 comments Mod
Antonio YUMO!!!

Wow. As for Claudine, the chick needs to be tall and super gorgeous. And a good actress of course...

message 30: by Leslie (new)

Leslie | 73 comments INTERVIEW WITH EVAN ABOUT PLAYING QUEEN SOPHIE
JUSTJARED.COM
Evan Rachel Wood talks about her upcoming cameo as Vampire Queen Sophie-Ann on True Blood, airing this Sunday @ 9PM ET/PT on HBO. Here’s what she told E!’s Marc Malkin:

On her character’s sexuality: “She’s not necessarily a lesbian. Her human partner is a girl, but I’m pretty sure she goes both ways. I think vampires are like that in general.”

On Queen Sophie-Anne’s unpredictable love life: “I don’t know if I am having sex with anyone yet but I certainly have a steamy scene with someone that I don’t think you’d really expect.”

On working with Alexander Skarsgard and Stephen Moyer: “That’s another great thing about my job—all of my scenes are with Bill and Eric! I was surrounded by beautiful people constantly.”

On if she had to get naked for the show: “I can’t say I do just yet. But they are bringing me back next season, so it’s always a possibility. It’s kind of inevitable.”

Read more: http://justjared.buzznet.com/#ixzz0PP...

message 31: by Becky (new)

Becky | 93 comments so im guessing the girl in the pool is hadley?

message 32: by Sarah (new)

Sarah (emoonae) | 225 comments Michelle M. wrote: "Why is Bill chilling with her Royalness? Maybe it's a flashback? chilling"

I think you're right. It must be a flashback. It's not as though Bill would have time to "chill" by the pool with the world about to end.

Becky wrote: "so im guessing the girl in the pool is hadley?"

I think so, too.

message 33: by Kenna (new)

Kenna (kennas) Whats up with the "ruby slipper" look? If she was dressed in blue, she'd be a shoe in for "Beach Dorothy Barbie"

Seriously, I need her shoes.

Sophie-Annes too.