Goodreads Librarians Group discussion

Questions > How to add a book under a pen name

Comments Showing 1-7 of 7 (7 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Benson (SFBenson) | 17 comments I'll be publishing a book under another name next month. I want to add it to Goodreads. Do I need to create a new account? If so, must I wait until the book has been published before I can add it?Sf Benson

message 2: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

rivka | 34724 comments Mod
Do you want the two names linked, or would you prefer to keep them separate? What is the new pen-name?

message 3: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Benson (SFBenson) | 17 comments I'd like to keep them separate. The new name is Nadirah Foxx.

message 4: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

If you want to claim it but keep them separate, you will need a new account, with a different email address. And while the book can be added now, your request to claim the new author profile is unlikely to be approved unless the book has an ISBN/ASIN, cover, publisher, etc. If those have not yet been finalized, you'll need to wait to claim the profile.

message 5: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Benson (SFBenson) | 17 comments If the names are linked, how will the book titles appear in Goodreads? Will all the titles be under one account or will a reader searching for a Nadirah Foxx title see only those titles?

message 6: by rivka, Librarian Moderator (new)

If you prefer, we can add S.F. Benson as a second author for each book published under Nadirah Foxx. They would still be on the Nadirah Foxx profile, and come up in searches for that name, but would also be listed on your S.F. Benson profile -- in much the same way as the anthologies to which you are a contributor are listed. You would be able to make some edits to the Nadirah Foxx books from your existing account, but not all. For example, only the first author can set a default edition.

message 7: by S.F. (new)

S.F. Benson (SFBenson) | 17 comments Thanks for your help.