Local Independent Bookstores and Cafes discussion

Links Changes on Goodreads at the Command of Amazon

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)    post a comment »
dateDown arrow    newest »

message 1: by Andrea (new)

Andrea | 4 comments I wondered what the heck happened! Needless to say, I will still be shopping alibris and other sites I like, regardless of Amazon's control. By the way, as an employee of a smallish brick and mortar, I can often direct customers to independents online if we don't have something and it's not available from our distributor. Lately, I've taken a couple of customers step by step through ordering from a couple of my favorites.

message 2: by Tattered Cover (new)

Tattered Cover Book Store (tatteredcover) | 8 comments Andrea wrote: "I wondered what the heck happened! Needless to say, I will still be shopping alibris and other sites I like, regardless of Amazon's control. By the way, as an employee of a smallish brick and mor..."

You rock! Thank you on behalf of all of us independents!

message 3: by Patti (new)

Patti (bkwmn1992) I am personally boycotting Amazon due to their monopolization in the book selling industry--Kindle for example. I spend my money with coupons from the other biggies, but also support Aunt Agatha's in Ann Arbor, MI (online), Poisoned Pen in Scottsdale, AZ (personal visits) and Changing Hands in Tempe, AZ (again, personal visits). I have yet to peruse the local independents in my new city of Tucson, but I'm already a regular visitor to all 3 Bookman's here (used books & media, also a strong supporter of the Pima County Public Library). Independents are vital!!!